Regent Air travel from Toronto to Anchorage

judebarsto

Has anyone flown from Toronto to Anchorage for a south bound Regent Alaska cruise? I was wondering how Regent worked the air, as I see that the earliest flights on any airline from Toronto get into Anchorage at around 1:30 pm. Is that enough time to get to the ship in Seward, or does Regent usually fly you in the day before?

Also, can I wait to see what Regent offers for my air itinerary before I decide to do an air deviation?

Thanks,

Judy

ps - I promise to be more careful about what I say, specifically about travel agents, so I don't get my thread locked next time!

We flew to ANC from Buffalo - that's almost the same as Toronto :). They offered to fly us in the day before - but I got greedy and wanted to fly in couple of days earlier so we could do a little sightseeing - and take the train to Seward - so we paid our own way.

I think our flght landed after noon, so they should offer you an overnight.

I live in Buffalo, but I didn't want to pay the extra supplement to fly out of here ($99 or $199? can't find it on the website)...so I figure my husband can take me and pick me up from toronto, since this is a girlfriends-only cruise.

Hey, now that's a switch, driving to Toronto from Buffalo for a flight!

(Interested in the answer, since I want to do Alaska someday.)

You can request Regent Air, then research your own alternatives in the meantime, and then decline air if you find something better. Not sure about the timing--if you can find out definitively whether they will overnight you or not before you actually get your itinerary, that should give you time to decide before any kind of deadline. Your TA be able to explain all this to you.

Hey, now that's a switch, driving to Toronto from Buffalo for a flight!

Funny you said that, Wendy. In the old days, (15 - 20 years ago) when we used to take our 3 girls to Club Med, we would always fly from Toronto: direct flights, less hassle, and believe it or not, MUCH cheaper package prices, then!

Boy, have things changed. Now, the taxes alone on flights out of Toronto are exorbitant. I understand why we get so many Canadians coming to Buffalo for their flights.

The cheapest flight I can find from Toronto to Anchorage and then Vancouver to Toronto is $831, so I'll likely take the Regent air package. even with a one way Niagara Airbus ($60) and a cheap airport overnight hotel stay, I'll still do better, I think.

Judy

Boy, have things changed. Now, the taxes alone on flights out of Toronto are exorbitant. I understand why we get so many Canadians coming to Buffalo for their flights.

Yeah, but you can't get a cheap vacation in Cuba! Seriously, I should look at sun packages from Buffalo, hadn't thought of that!

I don't remember having to pay the supplement - I'll have to go and find all our billing and check it out. Ask your TA what Regent is willing to do for you. We did pay extra because instead of flying home from Vancouver, we went to Seattle to visit relatives - we paid for the hop to Seattle and Regent included our BUF to ANC/SEA to BUF as our "free air".

Archived