Unlimited Soft Drink Card

MATHA531

Unfortuantely, an unlimited card is also more easily abused.

HAL had an unlimited card three versions ago, but it was discontinued. Families were buying one card, then everyone in the family was using it. It was too easy to buy sodas for others when it was supposed to be one card for one person.

Leave it to a few to ruin it for everyone.

It's always a few that ruin it for everyone. However I think in the long run, it was still a money maker for HAL..otherwise why would the other cruise lines continue to use it. It just doesn't make sense that they would do away with the unlimited card yet allow passengers to bring cases of their own soda....talk about a loss of revenue:rolleyes:

The previous soda card was a great deal where you got a whole can, we would buy one every trip. This new version is not a great deal. I used the old one to buy soda for the room but that doesn't work very well with fountain drinks :(. So no soda card for us anymore. Now I will just bring on some sodas at our port of calls.

As for the beverage card, we would also buy a few of those every cruise. I doubt we will be doing that either except on longer cruises.

All in all these changes to the cards are irritating and disappointing.

Archived