Butler Service

commodore2010

There is a good story in the Luxury Tab of CC about Butler Service on Cruise lines. It outlines which lines offer it and what they will/can do.

I have had Butler service several times and I am always wondering what do/can they do. I'm sure I've underutilized them in the past. The only request I made of one was to organize an en-suite party when we had friends sailing with us on a Thanksgiving Cruise.

What have you asked your Butler to do?

When we cruised to Alaska in September, our butler came in and introduced himself and asked what our requirements were. I asked for a laptop computer, certain beverages and snacks. We had dinner one night in the suite and he delivered it course by course.

T.G.

I did get the lap top and he set it up for me. We put it to good use.

T.G.

Were you in a Master or Grand Suite when you made this request? We had a laptop when we were in a Master Suite, but, had not even thought of asking in a Penthouse or Voyager/Navigator Suite. You're right about putting it to good use. As soon as I got home after the cruise, I purchased a "netbook" -- just for use on cruises.

As soon as I got home after the cruise, I purchased a "netbook" -- just for use on cruises.

For travel, it's tough to beat a netbook - small, light, great battery life. Some drawbacks, but not enough to dissuade me from having one!!

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread!! :o

Archived