Tenders in Corfu

nordski

We would be surprised if you are tendered into Corfu since they have a pretty large port facility (located about a 10 min walk from the main part of town). If it is some kind of strange occurrance where the port is full (hard to believe this happens) we would assume they tender you into the same port facility.

Hank

We would be surprised if you are tendered into Corfu since they have a pretty large port facility (located about a 10 min walk from the main part of town). If it is some kind of strange occurrance where the port is full (hard to believe this happens) we would assume they tender you into the same port facility.

Hank

Hank, you must really be fit to walk into Corfu Town in 10 minutes. It took us about that long in a taxi. I think we were told it was 2 miles (but it might have been 2 Km). Most on our ship said about a 30 minute walk, if you were fit. My friend and I both have mobility issues, so didn't even try to walk it.

We were quite impressed with the port. The Grand Princess was docked and so was the NCL Jade, and it still looked like there was plenty of room for 1 or 2 more ships. There was a free shuttle from the ship to the terminal, then lots of taxis in the parking lot of the terminal.

I find that hard to believe, unless there are a lot of cruise ships there at the same time. When we were there on RCCL there was a Costa there too and it looked like they could easily fit one or two more in. The 10 minutes are too optimistic, the 30 minutes too pessimistic.

I find that hard to believe, unless there are a lot of cruise ships there at the same time. When we were there on RCCL there was a Costa there too and it looked like they could easily fit one or two more in. The 10 minutes are too optimistic, the 30 minutes too pessimistic.

If you are referring to the tenders, I found it hard to believe as well but that's how it's listed on the HAL website.

It appears only the Eurodam and Splendour of the Seas are in port that day, so it can't be a space issue.

Hank, you must really be fit to walk into Corfu Town in 10 minutes. It took us about that long in a taxi. I think we were told it was 2 miles (but it might have been 2 Km). Most on our ship said about a 30 minute walk, if you were fit. My friend and I both have mobility issues, so didn't even try to walk it.

We were quite impressed with the port. The Grand Princess was docked and so was the NCL Jade, and it still looked like there was plenty of room for 1 or 2 more ships. There was a free shuttle from the ship to the terminal, then lots of taxis in the parking lot of the terminal.

The time of the walk depends where in town you have as your final destination. Getting to town is not that far from the terminal, but if you want to get up to the top of the hill to the fort than that is another story. It is about 1 mile from the cruise terminal to the heart of downtown (a 15-20 min walk for most folks) and we make it to the beginning of the main part of town in about 10. And yes, we do love to walk and have no problem handling a few miles. For anyone with mobility challenges it is smart to use a taxi or the local bus.

Hank

30 minutes in Corfu? Ouch. More than I want to walk this coming June. Ruby Princess docks.

Anyone verify no shuttles out of the dock area?

Princess probably won't have a shuttle. They certainly didn't at most ports when we went. There was a shuttle at Corfu though, as the pier was quite long before you got to the terminal. But then from the terminal into Corfu town is what is 1-2 miles. There were lots of taxis though. We knew we weren't going to try and walk it.

Nordski,

think we are on the same cruise. How do we find out about shuttles? I looked at shore excursions offered and was hoping we could just check it out on our own.

I am getting ready to book excursions that I know we want to do.

Hi

Yes. we are and I wish I was better informed re: shuttles.

We plan to spend a limited time in Kerkyra itself and have arranged a car rental to explore parts of the island. We pick up our car near the harbour, but really don't know how the tenders will work.

Perhaps your research will bear fruit and you can inform us.

Princess probably won't have a shuttle. They certainly didn't at most ports when we went. There was a shuttle at Corfu though, as the pier was quite long before you got to the terminal. But then from the terminal into Corfu town is what is 1-2 miles. There were lots of taxis though. We knew we weren't going to try and walk it.

So basically, what you are saying is there is a shuttle for Princess in Corfu from the ship dock to the terminal.

We understand that there are car rental places at or near the Terminal, so it looks like we are good.

The Corfu port authority runs an internal free shuttle tram from all the ships to the port terminal building...which is located adjacent to the road into town. There are also a few rental car companies that do business at this terminal building (we like to rent a car in Corfu). Getting from the terminal building into town is your real issue and there taxis, or you can walk. We believe there is also a local bus that makes the run from port into town, but we cannot swear this still runs and do not know the schedule.

Hank

Archived