Quad Rooms

pcrum

We put 5 in a room on the Inspiration and it was fine. I made sure to clean up the clothes and stuff throughout the day and keep things picked up. We did opt for leaving the beds apart (instead of pushed together,) because it did give us quite a bit more floor space. If you can afford the balcony, I'd go for that..it just gives everyone a little extra space when you are all in the cabin together (you and your wife can sit out there while the girls get ready and vice versa..) It would be a way for you to each give the other a little more privacy when getting ready..Absolutely doable..we find it not bad at all with 5! (But there are definitely some naysayers on this board!)

Don't necessarily assume that the quad will be cheaper...

Our last cruise with our sons - it was cheaper to put them in an inside cabin across the hall from our balcony cabin than to have all four of us in the balcony. I was very glad, since sharing a balcony with my husband AND my teenage sons would have been challenging.

Good luck with whatever you decide

This was also what we found- the difference in price for one vs two rooms was less than $50. And if you are concerned about the kids staying by themselves across the hall- put one parent in each room. Since you wouldn't have any privacy anyway with 4 in a room you might as well. Even if you only use the second room for storage and the extra bathroom- if it is the same or nearly the same cost I would go for it. Our boys were directly across the hall from us and it worked really well. Best of luck.

Thank you so much! The set up is the same as DCL.

I do hope they put the upper away and the bed back to a couch during the day.

Just ask= if youdont see the cabin steward leave a note on the bed when you leave for breakfast- it will be done by the time you reutrn

Thanks to everyone for their replies. In the end, for the June 13, 2010 sailing of the Freedom we went with 2 inside rooms. The cost for 4 in a balcony (8A) was $2772.42. The cost for 2 inside cabins (4As) was $2964.92. For a difference of $192.50 we decided that having 2 bathrooms was worth it. Also, my kids really like the Carnival Comfort Beds and were not happy about sleeping in the bunk bed configuration of the couch with the upper berth. Happy kids makes happy cruise! :) Now, my concern is that we are on the Riveria Deck, which we have never been on. The travel agent said that the ships are so large that we should not notice a difference, so I hope she is right. Anyone else been on Riveria and had a bad experience?

Woo hoo, at least the cruise is booked, although it jumped up at $75 per person in a week. I wanted to do something before the 3/22/10 price increase!!

Thanks again for all the input.

Archived