**Fun & Useful Stuff For Cruising From the Dollar Tree**

1 Part Sand 1 Part Sea

I like the list. 2 things I don't do laundry on vacation hell no! And if i have a stain oxy clean spray or tide to go pen fixes anything i spill(they are TSA approved)

What I can't figure out is the string and bungee cord anyhow? repelling off the balcony? Just curious.:)

Alrana

I like the list. 2 things I don't do laundry on vacation hell no! And if i have a stain oxy clean spray or tide to go pen fixes anything i spill(they are TSA approved)

What I can't figure out is the string and bungee cord anyhow? repelling off the balcony? Just curious.:)

Alrana

I have no idea about the bungee and the balcony, I have never had a problem keeping the door open or closed.

As for the laundry... yeah, I don't do laundry on vacation either. I will pay the small fee to have it sent out, or use the laundry bag ($25) offered mid-week. My vacation time is valuable to me, and I don't want to spend a moment of it doing laundry!

At a local dollar store (not one of the franchises), I found tubes of moisturizing shampoo, body wash and body lotion. Each tube is filled with 7 ounces of a creamy product (not a liquid that can leak out) and features a licensed character such as Disney Princesses, Pixar Cars, Dora the Explorer, etc.

I think these tubes will be great for cruising. I shall try the shampoo this week.

:Dand don't forget.....$1 sunglasses and sunscreen!!! A sun hat.....snacks for the airport, nuts.....gum, small mirror to see the back of your head....batteries..AAA & AA.....sticky notes for your door......scrap booking stickers and embellishments for scrapbooking your trip when you come back.....baby wipes.....air freshener......scarf for dusty horse/buggy rides.....sorry if I repeated any items.....there are so many....

:Dand don't forget.....$1 sunglasses and sunscreen!!! A sun hat.....snacks for the airport, nuts.....gum, small mirror to see the back of your head....batteries..AAA & AA.....sticky notes for your door......scrap booking stickers and embellishments for scrapbooking your trip when you come back.....baby wipes.....air freshener......scarf for dusty horse/buggy rides.....sorry if I repeated any items.....there are so many....

All of the ships I have been on have had mirrors in the cabins that can be pulled out (on the doors of the cabinets) and adjusted so you can see the back of your head. No need to add the weight and take up the space in the luggage with a mirror. Also, a lot of makeup compacts have small mirrors in them.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dollar Tree has mesh laundry bags that are great for toting home your dirty clothes, and they also have pop up bins that are great to put in the closet for your dirty clothes if you prefer that. You can get a small roll of duct tape that can be a lifesaver for fixing a rip in luggage, fixing a ripped out hem, taping the curtains shut if there's an annoying gap that lets early morning light in, etc. They have great little journals that you can jot down your activities, locations, etc. for each day - amazing how quickly you forget the names of things.

• 2 months later...

I just went to the dollar store to start picking up things for my dec cruise, heres what i got:

Luau door fringe (for cabin door) looks kinda like this, but cheaper lol:

http://www.costumesupercenter.com/accessories+makeup-luau+accessories/24779AM-tropical-bird-door-curtain.html

small package duct tape - can attach door fringe, and for other jobs if necc.

3 outlet adapter - smaller than the extension cord bar thing, and has 3 plugs.

1st aid kit - only has bandages, but ill add some otc pills on my own. i got sick once with a wicked cold on a cruise and buying meds on the ship was $$$$$!

ill go back and pick up other things as time goes on, like deoderant, shampoo, conditioner, soap. i buy those there and then leave em behind in the stateroom so i dont have to pack em home.

I <3 THE DOLLAR TREE!

Funny I found this thread today as I spent my lunch hour at the Dollar Tree. I was on a search for door decorations but they already had Christmas stuff out so my search failed other than a 2011 calendar of beach scenes. I though I could rip out the pics, and incorporate this onto door for part of the decoration.

I also got generic Immodium, post-its, pocket sized notebooks and I never even thought to look for sunglasses or "happy" perfume(this is my scent and had no clue it came in a generic form!!)

I will return tomorrow and check out another store close by!

I went yesterday and found the following:

Multicolored Desk Name Tag Decorations to decorate the door (Like this... http://www.oppictures.com/singleimages/400/CDP122013_1_1.JPG without the border)

Set of 4 Tidy Tote laundry bags http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512m3XVDnoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Set of four highlighters with clips on the end for myself and my 3 cruise mates

Oversized coupon organizer (To put all of our cruise documents, etc. in)

Three Prong Outlet Converter

Beyonce CD (Heck, it was a good one for only $1.00)

Almost Bought:

Pedometer, Watch, 3 Exercise DVD's, Big laundry bag, baby wipes, sunscreen, More Door Decorations, and lots of other cute stuff.

Also Purchased @ Target Yesterday (It is right next to Dollar Tree and I had a gift card):

$1.00 - 15 Glow in the dark Bracelets in Dollar Area

$1.00 - Various Colors of Ribbon in Dollar Area

$1.00 - Travel Deodorant

$1.00 - Travel Sized Toothpaste

$1.00 - Pack of 3 Travel Sized Kleenex Brand Kleenex packages

$1.00 - Travel Size Makeup Remover Wipes

$1.50 - Travel Sized Fa-breeze

$2.15 - Individual Wipes (20)

Dramamine

Tide Stick

• 4 weeks later...

what great ideas :) im going to start hitting up the stores that have those travel sections of stuff and all the dollar stores , and im getting something to toss things in as i get them so they will be together to pack up quickly. i might tape a list of things i want to get on the side so i can mark them off it will work as a packing list also.

• 1 month later...

- detergent * (powder or liquid. put some powder into a ziplock to use at the ships laundry facilities... at least on carnival they have em) depends on cruise line but it's heavy to pack & I ended up throwing out that bag of white powder at the airport (suitcase too heavy). I wonder what that looked like on the security camera, the guy with the baggie of white powder. On princess it was pretty cheap if you wanted to buy on board

I have a box of washing sheets--they contain laundry detergent and fabric softener. You just through a sheet into the wash with your clothes (the water releases the detergent) and then it goes into the dryer along with your wet clothes (the heat releases the fabric softener). I put a couple in a small zip-lock bag and throw it in the suitcase--they weigh almost nothing and don't take up any room in your luggage.

the one thing I have not seen any one mention is the compact towels, where you unwrap and and get damp and they expand to about 4 x6. Their nice on shore excursions or the ride back to the dock to clean up a bit. I personally never travel anywhere without a small led flashlight that clips to my hat, a eye glass repair kit and a small Swiss Army Knife in my checked luggage. The knife has a small blade 2 1/2 inch that nobody including TSA or ship security cares about but it has the corkscrew scissors tweezers, bottle opener, screw drivers.

The knife has saved my bacon many many times from tighting ski binding on the top of the hill to pulling the cork from a great local bottle of wine on a beach in St Marteen

The flashlight, I seem to have bad luck in hotels I have had the power go out so many time while in a hotel that I just pack one. I could only imagine how dark an inside cabin would be with out a night light. The flashlight also helps at the end of the cruise for looking in all the dark draws to make sure we got all our stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...