**Fun & Useful Stuff For Cruising From the Dollar Tree**

1 Part Sand 1 Part Sea

I looked this up since I have extra spray bottles from my travel kits and need more wrinkle releaser for my upcoming cruise. So In case you don't get a response:

from

themakeyourownzone.com,,,,,,compliments of google search engine:

The Downy Wrinkle Releaser comes in a 3 oz travel size and a 16.9 size which the recipe measurements below will duplicate nicely.

TRAVEL SIZE HOMEMADE WRINKLE RELEASER SPRAY

You Will Need:

1/3 cup water

1 teaspoon fabric softener

Combine the items in a small spray bottle and swirl them together to mix. To use, spray on clothing and stretch and smooth to release the wrinkles.

16 OZ SIZE HOMEMADE WRINKLE RELEASER SPRAY

You Will Need:

2 cups water

6 teaspoons fabric softener

Combine the items in a spray bottle of at least a 16 oz size and swirl them together to mix. To use, spray on clothing and stretch and smooth to release the wrinkles.

Edited by tbbtravels

I've been searching Dollar stores, thrift stores, and flea markets for fun things to take along: I got a kite for $2, which I will be flying on one of our beach days. I got Bubble-makers, with which we will be celebrating sailaways, I got a plastic palm-frond doorway top piece to hang above my cabin door.

I always bring a new scent of perfume or body lotion. I love that it takes me back to the ship every time I smell it.

OMG! I thought I was the ONLY one who did this! I absolutely LOVE this thread - thanks to the OP for starting it! How can a person NOT love a good dollar store!! We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary during our October cruise, and I plan to decorate our door. I hope I can find some magnets and some additional decorations at our Dollar Tree to use.

• 2 weeks later...
This is great, love the list. I'll be going to the Dollar Tree this weekend. Will pick up just a few things. We have a large storage bin we keep "cruise stuff" in. I buy a little at a time and throw it in the bin. Come time to start packing I'm not buying everything at once. There's a few things on the list that's not in the bin :D

What I great idea!! Thanks! I will be using that tip for the future!

Didn't see magnets on this list. The walls and doors are metal so you can use magnets to leave notes, decorations on door, keep tickets or invites together. Used mine a bunch on past cruises.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes I take small magnets for this reason

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Harbor Freight has a nice <cheap> selection of very powerful magnets in bar or disk form. if you get them embedded in plastic hooks or clips, they can serve several purposes.

Thanks for this tip

Where is harbour freight please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Note: there are Harbor Freight outlets near the cruise ports of Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Glen Burnie/Baltimore, and North Bergen, Staten Island, and Elizabeth NJ for NYC and Port Liberty NJ, or if you're from Canada, Syracuse NY or Sarnia/Detroit MI, Coeu d'Alene ID, or Bellingham WA, are the closest to the border.

While not exactly "dollar store" purchases, I ran into a serendipitous situation involving an in-store end of season discount plus online coupons. I picked up several Off Clip-On Mosquito protection starter sets plus a refill pack. They are battery powered fan units that circulate bug repellant in the air around you. I managed to get 3 of them for $1.99 each plus a refill pack of two repellant cartridges for $2.00. Since the dreaded Chikungunya has been found on most islands in the Caribbean...

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/chikungunya-caribbean

... especially Sint Maarten, I figure some Cutter's spray backed up by one of these little beauties will help out. Plus I plan to eat as much Indian food with high spice level and heavy garlic to make myself unpleasant to the beasties--so what if no one wants to be around me;)?

For all of us going on cruises over the winter months, now is the time to stock up on end-of-summer sales items--beach gear, swimsuits, sunscreen, bug repellant, etc. Just stick your treasures in your "I'm going on a cruise!" basket so you won't have to pay high prices when they are not seasonal items.

• 1 month later...

We have 21 in our group, mostly family, but some good friends. I was thinking of a couple boxes of wedding bubbles for the sail away. It's our 50th wedding celebration and I want to make it a real celebration for everyone--festive.

We have 21 in our group, mostly family, but some good friends. I was thinking of a couple boxes of wedding bubbles for the sail away. It's our 50th wedding celebration and I want to make it a real celebration for everyone--festive.

Thank you for the idea about the bubbles. Our friends are getting married onboard the Carnival Dream in December. Bubbles would be a great idea for after they walk down the aisle together

• 3 months later...

Just went to the Dollar Tree on Monday to pick up some cruise stuff, was pretty happy with what I got, I thought I'd share!

Toiletries:

loofah sponge

shaving cream

toothpaste

ivory soap (only soap I like to use)

mini deodorant

medications- cold and allergy meds (i got sick on a cruise once and paid over $10 for dayquil. now I bring my own cold meds no matter what)

Travel packs of wet wipes

Other stuff:

mesh laundry bag (i used a trash bag once instead and oh my gosh did that smell ripe by the time i got home!)

collapsable storage box (i hate having clutter on counters, but thats almost unavoidable, so I feel better if the clutter is at least contained in a box)

sewing kit

filing folder (clutch sized, to keep documents in one place)

dry erase board

I got some other great deals at some other places that I want to share.

-Shaws had a bunch of sunblock on clearance, $2 for spray 30spf! Wicked good deal, and they dont expire till 2016. Bought 2 for me and 2 for mum.

-Two bungee bracelets with keychains attached ($1 each) which I combined with two clear plastic badge holders I have, to put seapass/sail&sign cards in. I dont like a lanyard around my neck, I find having them attached to my wrist suits my needs.

I love deals and steals! I am a thrifty girl through and through :D

Love the collapsible storage box idea - never thought of that one! I'll definitely get one. I also despise clutter everywhere, but in the cabin it seems to be almost unavoidable. At least my mess will be contained! I learn something new on these boards each time I visit. :)

• 1 month later...

Great suggestions! Two things we've been bringing, which have proved invaluable:

* Big digital clock, which can be seen from everywhere in the cabin (unless you're lucky enough to afford a suite!)

* Shoe organizer (the kind that hangs from the closet bar), which we use for sunglasses, batteries (oh, and shoes, too!). The closets on Princess ships are so big that we actually use three of these things!

I have some other packing tips, too, at musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com.