**Fun & Useful Stuff For Cruising From the Dollar Tree**

1 Part Sand 1 Part Sea

I am always super organized I especially love these small folding makeup organisers I bought at Avon they they fold flat for packing then just unfold and fill up easy to move between the bathroom and bureau no clutter I also always bring clothes pins to hang bathing suits up and my night light . Check out my travel blog http://www.atouristlife.com search baggage for packing tips.

• 2 weeks later...
All of the ships I have been on have had mirrors in the cabins that can be pulled out (on the doors of the cabinets) and adjusted so you can see the back of your head. No need to add the weight and take up the space in the luggage with a mirror. Also, a lot of makeup compacts have small mirrors in them.

I have a hairbrush I got from Avon that has a mirror built into the back of it and a compartment in the handle for chap stick or small lip stick:)

I wonder if you put it on your door with the box of crayons, if people passing by would gradually colour it in for you?

Love this idea!

If u put out more than one may b u cld get a little completion going in ur hall ;)

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't recommend

- travel size bottles (if you bring your own toilettries and not the ones from the store to toss) a TSA red flag unfortunately

- 3 Outlet Converter thingy/ Extension Cord (ppl talk about those too???)

** (how many things do you really charge at once? - I'm a techy and I've never had to charge more than one thing at a time, and frankly most things charge off USB -hence off the laptop these days)

Regarding travel sized bottles. I've been carrying them for at least 20 years through multiple domestic and international flights every year. TSA has never cared in the least. I'm curious where you've flown out of this was considered unusual?

3 outlet charger: Two outlets easily available on the desk. That's it. Had to decide do we want to plug in both our phones or one and the camera to recharge. Hope you didn't need a curling iron to fix your hair, honey. I'll be taking a 3 outlet + 2 USB plugs outlet on my upcoming cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the list. 2 things I don't do laundry on vacation hell no! And if i have a stain oxy clean spray or tide to go pen fixes anything i spill(they are TSA approved)

What I can't figure out is the string and bungee cord anyhow? repelling off the balcony? Just curious.:)

Alrana

I'm curious, have you been on a long cruise and if so, what do you do about laundry?

I am glad I came across this site today.

I am going on a long cruise and was hoping people could suggest what they do or how they pack for long cruises and the airplane luggage problem. Cruises usually allow more than airplanes.

I learned that for wrinkle release, you can pack an empty bottle that has a mister and fill it with water and mist your clothes. If needed use the blow dryer after misting and wrinkles come out.

What is the door decorating for? Is that so you can find your room easily or to make it your own?

• 3 months later...

Earlier this year, I picked up message boards at dollar tree, since our group was spread over the ship. Theoretically a great idea, I thought, but we ended up not using them much...plus some stupid people on my floor decided to write their own not so nice messages on our boards....

• 2 weeks later...

We don't have dollar tree in UK but we have similar so at the weekend I will be off armed with his list.

Like the idea of buying swimwear etc at the end of summer for winter cruises. We've been give a surprise Christmas present from my parents of QM2 NY Caribbean Christmas cruise so we didn't know we'd need stuff. But can't really complain 😉

We don't have dollar tree in UK but we have similar so at the weekend I will be off armed with his list.

Like the idea of buying swimwear etc at the end of summer for winter cruises. We've been give a surprise Christmas present from my parents of QM2 NY Caribbean Christmas cruise so we didn't know we'd need stuff. But can't really complain

What an awesome surprise!!! Have a wonderful time!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I love it!!! Great tips.....I think you forgot the following:p:

Umbrella

Air Freshener

tote bags that fold into a ball

I'll keep adding as I think of things! Great idea because you can leave almost everything there, leaving room for your take home treasures!

Love the Dollar Tree! Add to the list:

Seasonal refrigerator magnets for decorating door or room

Really cheap holiday hats and ties

Net bags for laundry and smaller ones to keep meds etc. together

Flavored drink mixes for water bottles

Magnetic white board to post outside door for messages and where we are

Books--read and trade

See you on a cruise

• 2 months later...

We don't do laundry on a vacation, even on a long cruise. We combined a couple of days in NYC, then to Rome for a few days, boarded a 7-day cruise then came back to Rome for a couple of days and back for one more day/night in NYC before heading home. As soon as we could we sent a bag of laundry out on the ship. That meant we were starting with all fresh clothes. We washed out our swimsuits in the sink and hung them on the back of the balcony chairs to dry. We sent the small bag deal of laundry off before we disembarked and that kept us in clean clothes. We mixed and matched the clothes, carrying lots of clothes that didn't wrinkle. Formal night for ladies was dress slacks and a sparkly top and same dress slacks with a lace top. Men took suit and two different shirts and ties. We took a travel-size bottle of wrinkle release. We wore capri-pants, t-shirts, shorts, and we were in some REALLY hot places so there was no wearing these clothes more than once. We washed out bras a few times in the sink and carried PLENTY of underwear. We don't carry a lot of the things some people carry like the duct tape, over-the-door organizer, tea lights, bungee cords. We did take a small zip lock baggie with over-the-counter meds like the gel-caps of Day-Quil, Nyquil, neosporin, band-aids, Pepto-Bismol, etc. Nothing worse than needing these and you are at sea and the shops are closed, or trying to locate a pharmacy when you get to port. We consider these essential because of past experience. I buy all sizes of zip-lock bags. I put undies in them, squeeze out the air and toss them into the luggage. I can even fit an outfit in these large 3-gal ones. Makes it easy to grab an outfit and head to the bathroom for a shower. When finished, I put the dirty clothes in the zip locks, use an ink pen to mark an X so that I never mistake them for clean ones and on the day before the cruise ends, I don't have to spend my last day or night packing. I'm all set and it takes me about 15 minutes to get that suitcase ready to leave.

• Like 1