Footwear recommendation

rjmontana

Family is going on a Western Caribean cruise on the Carnival Valor the week of 4/11/10 and I believe the ports are: Grand Cayman, Isle Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel...Not necessarily in that order..

My question for you experienced cruisers is this, what type of footwear is best suited for activities in most of the ports. Our plan is to try to make the following: snorkling, beaching, ziplining and probably some general walking/shopping. I'd like to get away with one pair of shoes for the above activities that can handle both the land and sea so would have to be something that has comfort, support, handles water and can be worn for most of a days worth of excursion..Maybe some type of open toed, yet full support sandal??? Thanks for the help..

RJ in Montana

I got a pair of the Lands End water shoes and found they work wonderfully as sneakers as well. (we bought ours to hike up the falls in Jamaica). I also like to take a pair of flip flops to throw in my beach bag when it's time to be lazy on the beach.

I got a pair of the Lands End water shoes and found they work wonderfully as sneakers as well. (we bought ours to hike up the falls in Jamaica). I also like to take a pair of flip flops to throw in my beach bag when it's time to be lazy on the beach.

We took the Lands End water shoes with us on our Sky cruise last month. They were great!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/WaterShoes~191531_253.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WHI&CM_MERCH=SRCH_00001&origin=search

• 4 weeks later...

In the ports where we were doing a water activity, we bought a good pair of water (aqua) shoes, we bought ours at Costco and they were really great. Good support and you could wear them with our without socks. Make sure you read about excursions you go on, some indicate no open toed shoes. Just FYI.

Archived