Fuel supplement

lastcall4all

Just wondering if there is fuel supplement charge added to cruise since price of barrel is OVER $70? It is to my understanding that $9.00 per person per day is charged? I think I had read somewhere online that the fee had to be paid PRIOR to boarding? Does anyone out there have any idea about this? Thank you. Mitzie

It isnt an automatic charge, it would be a decision of Carnival itself to implement and the price of oil has been high for a while and they have not chosen to do so. Any such decision would come with an announcement but nothing has been said and it wasn't a popular decision the last time they implemented it so it's sort of doubtful they would do that to themselves again.

Gerry Cahill made an announcement a few months ago that there were not plans at this time to implement the fee. Carnival reserves the right to do so but it is not automatic just because the price of oil went up.

Just wondering if there is fuel supplement charge added to cruise since price of barrel is OVER $70? It is to my understanding that $9.00 per person per day is charged? I think I had read somewhere online that the fee had to be paid PRIOR to boarding? Does anyone out there have any idea about this? Thank you. Mitzie

Very doubtful. Economy not getting traction. They put this notice up in case oil really skyrockets, for their own protection. 70-80 oil is not going to do it.

They already have. Why do you think they implemented a 5% across the board price increase. Have you ever seen a cruise line announce a price increase? Of course not. This is Carnival's way of rubbing the fuel surcharge in the Florida Attorney Generals face. there is nothing that can be done about a price increase.

Not to mention that this pretty much eliminates any ES savings for cruises booked before that time!

Archived