Beach at PV?

39august

Where is a good beach with some shade, palapas or unbrellas, in PV? I have read the Krystal doesn't have that nice a beach. I've stayed at Camino Real Hotel, but it is a private beach. Is Mismaloya a nice beach that can be used by the public? Actually, all beaches should be public, but I'm not comfortable walking through a hotel to get to their beach.

This is south of the Malecon, quite long, has a large variety of shelters erected by various businesses, and definitely public in all ways :)

The palapas and chairs belong to the various businesses, but the prices are quite reasonable in SS, and just ordering something to drink is enough to ensure a happy business.

I WOULD recommend eating at least one meal in SS, as there is an abundance of great restaurants and only a few have high prices.

One small note, the blue umbrellas area can be/is a traditional gathering area for the rather large gay population/tourists, so if this is not cool with you I would stay on the northern end of the beach.

THEY could care less if you are gay or not :)

Mismaloya's beach is much smaller than it used to be from the Hurricane.

The Nuevo Vallarta area has vast expansive beaches, but they have not much else except timeshares, and are a good 45 minute taxi ride, or over an hour by bus with transfers, North of the Terminal.

Technically, all beaches in Mexico are public, but yeah, the hotels can make that hard to realize and uncomfortable to reach :(

S

Archived