Navigator Alaska 2011 - Booked!

judebarsto

Well, the "Barge Babes" and I made a decision, and have booked, through an excellent TA, the 7 day Seward to Vancouver Alaskan cruise on June 29, 2011 to celebrate our 60th birthdays. VERY exciting. Now we just have to wait a very long time 'til it finally happens. (we are self named the Barge Babes, since we did the Abercrombie hotel barge -no longer in existence- through Burgundy in 2001 to celebrate turning 50 -- and it was wonderful!)

We are in three adjacent Category E balcony suites on deck 6, about midship. We would absolutely love it if we could have the crew remove the dividers between our balconies so we have a great long balcony to share and watch the scenery go by (preferably while drinking a nice wine!). Does anyone know if the dividers are removable, and has anyone ever done this? We got the idea from my friend's friend, who did that with some women friends on a Holland America cruise.

As far as the kid thing goes, we realize it's school vacation, but at least at the present time, Regent is only offering a $999 fare for kids on that sailing,( and, it seems, all the 2011 sailings to Alaska). I'm hoping that keeps kids at a minimum.

I know it's too early to set up a Roll Call, but it will be fun to see if any fellow CCers will be sailing then.

Judy

Hi Judy,

I am glad you decided on the Cat E cabins , excellent location! Unfortunately, both times I have been on Navigator I have been on Window cabins, so I don't know the answer to your question regarding the balcony partitions. I know on Voyager they can't be removed. I know what your friend is talking about as we did a cruise on HAL and had side by side balcony cabins and that is exactly what we did.

There is a roll call section for Regent. Sure , it's early but somebody has to start it!

Hey congrats, ladies! I presume there must be 6 of you?

We've been seriously considering 2011 for Alaska but have a friend who we have cruised with once very happily and we thought we'd do it together. Alas, the single supplements (at least so far) are completely ridiculous for 2011, 100% across the board for Alaska, I believe. So, no Alaska, at least not with Jim or at least not on Regent. :(

I am almost sure that the dividers between the balconies cannot be removed. They seem to be made of steel, and I think they are bolted down.

OTOH, you have to struggle to see your neighbors, if you stay close to the patio door, you have perfect privacy from your neighbors.

Congrats!! We'll be on the same ship in August so I look forward to your postings when you return. This will be our first time on Regent and our first time in Alaska. I think $999 is still steep for children so I can't imagine that there will be many kids.

yes, they can be removed..they were removed on our recent cruise on navigator from between two adjacent rooms.

That's fantastic news! The six of us (old {very} high school friends) are going to have a blast. My husband is VERY jealous...we tend to take golf vacations together, not go on cruises, but who knows? That may well change.

Archived