Cabins on deck 3

NorthernStar

There are only a few scattered cabins down there. I've never booked one there but they are often used for guest lecturers or temporary performers. There are some crew cabins in the aft section of that deck. Sometimes there will be a gangplank on that deck in some ports.

If you can look at deck 4, you should as I've heard good reports from passengers on that deck. I walked around there on last voyage on Quest and made notes of the best cabins on that deck as I figured with the proposed price increases we would have to move down there from 6 for our next cruise with Azamara.

Comcox- do you mind sharing which cabins you noted as desirable on deck 4? I debated between that category and the category that has the obstructed views for an upcoming cruise. I liked the higher location of the obstructed view cabins, but they are smaller (and none of the cabins are very roomy!) But I thought deck 3 seemed a little ...... don't know what word to choose. I think an interior cabin on a higher deck might be preferable if you are watching your pennies. Just my opinion.

I think an interior cabin on a higher deck might be preferable if you are watching your pennies. Just my opinion.

We were on the same cruise as Comcox but we were down in deck 4 with an interior cabin #4038. (Our reservation got lost and we ended up there).

We loved the cabin - and there is a clock in there and we did have our own clock as well which meant good sleeping conditions and the fact that you did not need a window to let you know what time (or day) it was.

The cabin was close to the elevator, on the same deck and only a couple of yards away from the reception and excursion desk, the main dining room was one floor away; the elevator took you straight up to the buffet and the gangway often was on the same deck. And because of the size of the ship, it was only a short stroll to the other elevator.

We could have gotten an upgrade to the 7th floor interior but the 4th deck was more practical and assessable to everything.

Of course the 7th floor puts you near the laundry - but no one could really get in there (crowds) until close to midnight or 5:00am in the morning!

We will be next to the laundry on our August cruise. Do you mean that they kept it open until midnight or as early as 5 a.m? If so I might have to change my reservation.

Alice

My DH did the laundry at 5:00am. He dropped stuff off prior to going for his run.

I called Azamara today and was told the laundry room should be open only from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. I hope I don't hear the room and the laundry anyway, but I hope even more that I don't have to fuss about it to the ship's staff.

Alice

Archived