Albergo Cesàri or Albergo del Senato in Rome?

cruisin4kicks

I know, I know... there are lots of posts looking for hotel recommendations in Rome. We have ours narrowed down to two hotels both in the same area. We're going on a TA cruise the end of October this year. We'll be arriving in Rome Wednesday morning Oct 20 and departing on our cruise Saturday Oct 23 so we'll be spending 3 evening in Rome.

We have already made a non-binding reservation with Albergo del Senato but have since started hearing good things about Albergo Cesari. Albergo Cesari looks like it's a little cheaper than Albergo del Senato for a double room. Albergo Cesari seems like it's midway between tourist areas (Pantheon in one direction, Trevi Fountain in the other direction. Albergo del Senato looks like it's right across the street from the Pantheon.

Has anyone stayed in both and have a preference? Is the staff of one hotel more friendly and helpful than the staff of the other? Will I get "you can't go wrong with either choice." Are either one of the hotels within walking distance to nice not too crazy expensive restaurants?

This is our first trip to Rome and would love to hear what the cruise "experts" have to say about these two particular hotels. Thanks.

Tim

Albergo del Senato looks like it's right across the street from the Pantheon.

Tim

If you wanted to - you could take a pebble and toss it and hit the Pantheon !!!! that's how close.

This hotel is in the PERFECT location. Ask for room 204 ! Only one with a balcony ON THE FRONT OF THE HOTEL ..... it was awesome.

I have stayed in both hotels. The del Senato is one of my favorite hotels in Rome. It is a memory maker, for sure. The location, IMO, is incomparable. If it is not enough more $$ to break the bank, go for it.

The Cesari is only a few blocks from the del Senato. Both are in the same great area with lots of restaurants, bars, and shops and a vibrant evening life. You wouldn't go wrong with the Cesari, but if you are looking for a special experience, I think the del Senato cannot be beat.

When I stayed with my mom, we had a lovely room on the side that didn't face the piazza directly but faced the Pantheon square on. The terrace was HUGE and a lovely place to sit at the end of the day, have a glass of wine, and rest our feet before venturing out for dinner.

Like Cynthia, I've stayed in both. The del Senato is the better hotel, but the Cesari is just fine. I got a great deal on the Cesari that made it about half the price of the del on that trip, and since it was a business trip, I couldn't justify twice the cost. I was perfectly happy at the Cesari, but the del is simply nicer.

We have also stayed at both and I agree with the other posts. The Senato is definitely the most special experience and would be my first choice. We had a room overlooking the Pantheon and it was fantastic. However, the next time we went the price was so much less at the Cesari that we stayed there and were perfectly happy.

They are both excellent choices. Good luck!

Archived