Grand Cayman Eden Rock Discover Scuba

sunandsnow

We will be in G. Cayman March 26. My husband is considering a shore dive at Eden Rock Dive Center. My 16 yr. old twins are interested in the Discover Scuba course that they have there. Anyone have any opinions about shore dive or discover scuba with Eden Rock. Thanks!

We will be in G. Cayman March 26. My husband is considering a shore dive at Eden Rock Dive Center. My 16 yr. old twins are interested in the Discover Scuba course that they have there. Anyone have any opinions about shore dive or discover scuba with Eden Rock. Thanks!

I believe your family will be very happy with their experience at Eden.

If for some reason they can not accom' you I'd suggest contacting Sunset House....just down the road

SunsetHouse.com

We used Eden Rock last year for Discover Scuba - it was great - the course was very thorough and I felt very safe diving with them. It was nice that the dive shop was only a 5 minute walk from the cruise pier. We signed in, paid up and there were only 4 of us that day so we got a lot of individual attention underwater.

• 3 weeks later...
is there cabs waiting out by eden rock? we would like to snorkel their on are own for like an hour then go to 7 mile beach. would we be able to do that?

I don't remember seeing any cabs waiting outside Eden Rock. But, like I said, it's only a 5 minute walk at most from the cruise ship pier. There will definitely be cabs waiting there.

Can also try Abanks, by the Paradise Restaurant, which is by the ladder entry into the water. Abanks is basically a stand/shack, with tanks and other scuba gears for rental. We were there last week.

Was going to have Alvaro take my 2 sons for Discovery scuba there. But that day the weather was bad, had choppy water. Our ship went to Spotts Bay to tender people in instead, so everything got delayed.

I dove at Eden Rock 4 years ago. It wasn't spectacular, but a very leisurely 1 hr shallow dive.

We just returned from our RCCL Liberty of the Seas cruise. My sons decided not to do the discover scuba but we did snorkle at Eden Rock on Church Steet. The snorkeling was great that day. The sun was shining and the water was really clear. We had our own masks and snorkels. We rented three sets of fins and two life vests for $27. It was an easy walk from the tender dock. Don't stop at Paradise Cafe (it was very crowded when we were there). Walk next door to Eden Rock Dive Center. They have a ladder access. Lockers to rent. A few lounge chairs and picnic tables. After snorkeling, we walked the opposite direction to Burger King - we were going to snorkel at Cheeseburger Reef but after lunch decided to snorkle at the Wreck of the Cali (it is marked at Divers Down). This also was very easy to do from the beach in front of the cruise ships. There is a raft in the water halfway to the sunken freighter. Before we got there, a lot of boat snorkel excursions stopped there. The freighter is about 200 feet long. There were a lot of fish. The snorkeling was better at Eden Rock - very colorful fish of all sizes. It was one of the best places we have ever snorkeled. Very easy snorkeling to do on your own without costing much.

Archived