Shampoo & Conditioner in AQ - is it good or do I need to bring my own?

tiffnco

Okay, so this is kind of like a food question...because hair products are very much a personal issue. I travel all the time and find that I can rely (for the most part) on hotel amenities for a couple nights. Some hotels have GREAT products while others leave me searching for a drug store (Hyatt for one). At home, I use Pantene, Herbal Essence, or similar products...so, I'm not a premium shampoo user to begin with.

Any opinions on how the amenities are in AQ on Solstice? I'm hoping I can go without bringing my own.

Thanks all!

Are the shampoo and conditioner ok to use on colored hair?

Thank you.

I asked my stylist that question and she said no, that those products will strip the color from hair, especially hair that's lightened. But we girls don't ever admit to coloring our hair, do we LOL.

I asked my stylist that question and she said no, that those products will strip the color from hair, especially hair that's lightened. But we girls don't ever admit to coloring our hair, do we LOL.

To save space I always use whatever toiletries hotels and ships provide. I have colored hair (yes I admit it :D)--and have never noticed a difference after using the ship's shampoo and conditioner for a week. One thing I do take is a small bottle of conditioner in case they have the dreaded "conditioning shampoo." That simply doesn't cut it detangling-wise for me. Princess provides conditioner, while NCL has the two in one deal. I'm happy to hear that Celebrity has shampoo AND conditioner.

I just bring what works for me....why start looking bad on vacation? Ship's water is VERY soft, so you won't need alot of shampoo---about 1/3 of the amount you usually use will lather for days!

But, bring what makes your hair look great!

Are the shampoo and conditioner ok to use on colored hair?

Thank you.

I liked the AQ products, particularly the conditioner. Nice smell too. I have "colored hair" and didn't notice any adverse effects. Body wash and shampoo are of good quality also. Leave the products behind and bring your own hairdryer instead. The one provided was puny and had a very short cord. It only worked at the desk and was not even long enough for me to dry my hair without being seated at the desk!!

If you have any doubts about using the ship's products based on what others may say - very subjective matter - buy small travel size of your normal shampoo/conditioner which take up no space and weigh next to nothing. Why take chances on using something you dont like or find unsatisfactory:)

If you have any doubts about using the ship's products based on what others may say - very subjective matter - buy small travel size of your normal shampoo/conditioner which take up no space and weigh next to nothing. Why take chances on using something you dont like or find unsatisfactory:)

I totally agree. Those products in hotels and on the ships just don't work with my hair, so I bring those small sample sizes and then just refill them for every vacation.

Yeah, I hear you...but honestly, when I travel for work, I mostly go carry-on only, so I value the amount of space I have in my plastic bag. I guess it's just habit now that I rely on the hotel/ship.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Looks like I'll be okay with the provided product.

Archived