Panama Canal Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity

BillyMetz

I am seriously interested in booking the 14 Night Panama Canal Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in April 2011. It departs from San Diego, CA stops at several ports on the Pacific side and then after full transit through the canal ends up at Ft Lauderdale, FL. I know that is a long time from now but my group likes to start planning our cruises around a year out. We have been on the Infinity for a Hawaii cruise years ago and loved the ship. We also think the ports of call for this cruise would be great. Anyone done this cruise before and if so what did you think of it?

Far more interesting itinerary is CELEBRITY INFINITY Valparaiso - Panama Canal - Fort Lauderdale departing Valparaiso (Chile) on 13/03/11 . Details here :

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationSearchResults.do;jsessionid=0000MwgrenSmcxRDSjOVBdVPFuE:12hdebcnj?dest=SAMER&date=201102&duration=14&port=VAP&ship=ANY&price=ANY&showSailings=CSO&x=49&y=7

We have done two similar trips, one from San Diego to FLL and the other from San Diego to San Jaun. Essentially they were the same (and same stops as the Infinity) with the exception of where they terminated and it was on RCI. Both cruises were among our favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
Far more interesting itinerary is CELEBRITY INFINITY Valparaiso - Panama Canal - Fort Lauderdale departing Valparaiso (Chile) on 13/03/11 . Details here :

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationSearchResults.do;jsessionid=0000MwgrenSmcxRDSjOVBdVPFuE:12hdebcnj?dest=SAMER&date=201102&duration=14&port=VAP&ship=ANY&price=ANY&showSailings=CSO&x=49&y=7

I agree this looked so interesting & were considering this but not after the recent earthquake--too unsettled for us for awhile...we;ll either do the E to W canal trip or wait awhile.....

• 1 month later...

Hello there

we have just returned from our trip on the Infinity, San Diego to Ft Lauderdale (11th to the 25th). This was our second cruise both times same ship, same cabin and same ports of call. The food even better this time, ports of calls good and infinity a really great ship ( a wee bit tired in places but even that is being upgraded). Now we are about to book our third trip next April too!

Trips,entertainment etc were brills and the staff absolutely fantastic. The crew-passenger ratio is spot on. We saw many groups large and small... all having a truly great time.

I am a full time wheelchair user and could access all parts of the ship and all the facilities. It is not one of the biggest cruise ships afloat but it's size and guest numbers means never any long lines and always a space to find to be alone or with a group

Hope this helps

Seascudder

I am seriously interested in booking the 14 Night Panama Canal Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in April 2011. It departs from San Diego, CA stops at several ports on the Pacific side and then after full transit through the canal ends up at Ft Lauderdale, FL. I know that is a long time from now but my group likes to start planning our cruises around a year out. We have been on the Infinity for a Hawaii cruise years ago and loved the ship. We also think the ports of call for this cruise would be great. Anyone done this cruise before and if so what did you think of it?

I was booked to go on this same cruise. But, when Celebrity came out with the new itineraries, I switched to the April 18, 15 Night Westbound on Millie. This cruise was several hundred dollars cheaper, which more than offset the extra cost of flying into San Jaun ($99 OW from Miami). Celebrity has made a significant improvement to their new Panama Canal itineraries starting with this cruise. Celebrity is switching to a 2-day Panama stay. For example, here is part of the itinerary from this particular cruise.

Fri, Apr 22 Colon, Panama, Docked, Arr 7 am, Dep 6 p.m.

Sat, Apr 23, Panama Canal Cruising, Arr 6 am, Dep 6 pm.

This one-day stop in Colon allows for a full day to take excursions. The next day, you get to cruise the canal without missing a thing.

Prior to April 18, the PC itineraries only included one day in Panama. As an example, the EB April 10 Infinity cruise includes only the following Panama port call:

Tue, Apr 19, Panama Canal, Cruising, Arr 6:00 AM, Dep 6:00 PM

Tue, Apr 19, Cristobal Pier, Panama, Docked, Arr 6:00 PM, Dep 10:00 PM

The other big improvement is the replacement of Huatulco, MX with Puerto Quetzal,Guatamala. Guatamala has a lot interesting shore excursion possibilities. For example, Antigua Guatemala is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In contrast, Huatulco is a beach resort town with little to distinguish itself from other beach resort towns.

I was booked to go on this same cruise. But, when Celebrity came out with the new itineraries, I switched to the April 18, 15 Night Westbound on Millie. This cruise was several hundred dollars cheaper, which more than offset the extra cost of flying into San Jaun ($99 OW from Miami). Celebrity has made a significant improvement to their new Panama Canal itineraries starting with this cruise. Celebrity is switching to a 2-day Panama stay. For example, here is part of the itinerary from this particular cruise.

Fri, Apr 22 Colon, Panama, Docked, Arr 7 am, Dep 6 p.m.

Sat, Apr 23, Panama Canal Cruising, Arr 6 am, Dep 6 pm.

This one-day stop in Colon allows for a full day to take excursions. The next day, you get to cruise the canal without missing a thing.

Prior to April 18, the PC itineraries only included one day in Panama. As an example, the EB April 10 Infinity cruise includes only the following Panama port call:

Tue, Apr 19, Panama Canal, Cruising, Arr 6:00 AM, Dep 6:00 PM

Tue, Apr 19, Cristobal Pier, Panama, Docked, Arr 6:00 PM, Dep 10:00 PM

The other big improvement is the replacement of Huatulco, MX with Puerto Quetzal,Guatamala. Guatamala has a lot interesting shore excursion possibilities. For example, Antigua Guatemala is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In contrast, Huatulco is a beach resort town with little to distinguish itself from other beach resort towns.

We did the same change! See you in April 2011 :)

We did the same change! See you in April 2011 :)

We were looking at doing the Infinity in Oct 2011 Panama Canal BUT after reading Your post I looked it up and will consider Apr 2011 on Millie

We will be on the Oasis in 19 days and wanted to book then

Thanks for the info

Kind thanks for the itinerary update! As a result of this thread we just switched from a 10 day in-and-out PC transit w/Princess to a 15 day E to W through-PC with Celebrity for a increase in price of just $200 pp. Considering we now only need to fly one way with the new itinerary, rather than round trip, we basically upgraded from a 10 day to a 15 day cruise with no increase in costs.

We are now sailing on Celebrity Century, Miami to San Diego, departing April 29, 2011.

Regards,

Tamara

Kind thanks for the itinerary update! As a result of this thread we just switched from a 10 day in-and-out PC transit w/Princess to a 15 day E to W through-PC with Celebrity for a increase in price of just $200 pp. Considering we now only need to fly one way with the new itinerary, rather than round trip, we basically upgraded from a 10 day to a 15 day cruise with no increase in costs.

We are now sailing on Celebrity Century, Miami to San Diego, departing April 29, 2011.

Regards,

Tamara

Tamara2cruise,

The April 29 Century itinerary looks great. I've been on the other remaining Century class ship, Mercury, on three cruises. So far, it my favorite ship of my somewhat limited experience. (My only other comparison is Sapphire Princess.) I'm sure I'd like Century just as well.

• 1 year later...

Archived