Breakfast on the veranda....

Dharma517

We plan on doing a lot of breakfasts on our AFT veranda and I was wondering what the best plan was. We are not in a CC room. Is the best idea to go up and get it ourselves and bring it down? I want those hot, fresh waffles :D. Is the regular room service breakfast usually as good as the buffet? I do plan on going to the Cova Cafe (I think that is the name of it) for my morning latte ...can you get fresh squeezed OJ there? Is there a fee for that? From reading other posts I gather the pastries are free at Cova. How about visiting the Aqua spa for a healthy breakfast? Can I get food from there to go?

Thanks!

Jenn

We plan on doing a lot of breakfasts on our AFT veranda and I was wondering what the best plan was. order in.. waffles are not super hot but not ice cold.We are not in a CC room. Is the best idea to go up and get it ourselves and bring it down? i hate lines. I want those hot, fresh waffles :D. Is the regular room service breakfast usually as good as the buffet? less choices but you can write in some things and should get them. I do plan on going to the Cova Cafe (I think that is the name of it) for my morning latte ...can you get fresh squeezed OJ there? only coffe or tea Is there a fee for that? yes fro coffee or tea- much better than the rest of the ship. From reading other posts I gather the pastries are free at Cova. yes How about visiting the Aqua spa for a healthy breakfast? Can I get food from there to go? i have have taken food back to the cabin.

Thanks!

Jenn

in a standard cabin breakfast is much smaller r but try writing food in. meanwhile you can get it anywhere and bring it back to the cabin.. i do ont think you have a dining table but a small coffee table so you will have to leave food in cabin and take one course out at a time.

dotted_line.gifspacer.gifComplimentary Service

"Select from zesty soups, fresh salads, gourmet sandwiches, pizzas and desserts on the room-service menu. Should you decide to dine-in during restaurant luncheon and dinner hours, enjoy your selection from the restaurant menu. Simply request the menus of the day from your butler or stateroom attendant.

Morning meals include Continental breakfast served, on request, in your stateroom between 6:30am and 10:00am. Full breakfast is served between 7:30am and 10:00am."

From the Celebrity site:)

There are several options. Fresh hot waffles, even the best butler would find getting those to your cabin in great condition difficult. For waffles, you'd better get them yourselves. We have stayed in a Family oceanview on the M-Class ships, and all we needed to do was ask for the Concierge Class breakfast menus and then the fresh squeezed juices were available along with a more extensive menu compared to the standard cabin breakfast menu. Writing things in used to work for us without any problem, until our last cruise. I'm not sure whether it is budget cuts or just a new policy, but we weren't able to get fresh berries no matter what we did. I must admit, I gave up quicker than I might have if I really NEEDED the fresh berries, but I still feel writing things in on the menu for standard items is still my advice. As I don't know which class of ship you are sailing, the amount of space on the balcony and size of table can be an issue if you require a HUGE breakfast, but I'm sure you'll truly enjoy a relaxing breakfast on your verandah.

In terms of getting food to go, if you can carry it, it's to go.

Steve

Even when we've had a CC room we've found the quality of hot breakfast items was pretty inconsistent from room service. This has been especially true on those mornings you need it most - when getting up for an early excursion. I'd guess this is because those mornings are the busiest for room service. Because of this we've generally preferred going up to the buffet, or down to the dining room, when we've wanted a fresh hot breakfast.

But definitely give it a shot a few mornings and decide for yourself - you might find things changed for the better or have staff that is particularly good in this area.

Waffles: I don't think they are even offered for room service and definitely not something I'd want after they've had a chance to cool off and get a little soggy.

The only cruise where we've had consistently great breakfasts in our cabin every morning was the one time we had a Sky Suite with a butler - the butler puts you at a whole different level in terms of room service.

There are several options. We have stayed in a Family oceanview on the M-Class ships, and all we needed to do was ask for the Concierge Class breakfast menus and then the fresh squeezed juices were available along with a more extensive menu compared to the standard cabin breakfast menu. Writing things in used to work for us without any problem, until our last cruise.

Steve

Interesting

Btw, I am just interested in the Soy Milk Smoothie.

Interesting

Btw, I am just interested in the Soy Milk Smoothie.

I too was skeptical about asking for a Concierge Class breakfast menu, but I was amazed how easy it was to get. The first time we met our cabin attendant along with asking for four sets of towels in the bathroom, I asked for the Concierge Class breakfast menus. By the time we were back from muster drill we had ten menus, one for each day of the cruise.

Larry,

We had very good luck with our breakfast on the Millennium back in mid February, so hopefully you'll have good luck in March. I totally agree with the inconsistency of breakfasts served in the cabin, but our cooked orders came hot each day.

Steve

We had very good luck with our breakfast on the Millennium back in mid February, so hopefully you'll have good luck in March. I totally agree with the inconsistency of breakfasts served in the cabin, but our cooked orders came hot each day. ..

That's good to hear. Usually we only have room service on mornings we need to head out early for an excursion. On other mornings we don't "plan" a time to wake up and otherwise prefer the selection up in the buffet.

But when you do need to get up early there is no nicer wake-up call than someone saying "good morning - your breakfast order is on its way" . It is a very nice practice of Celebrity to make these calls just before they deliver!

Archived