Venice sailaway?

deadzone1003

This will be the first time that we will be sailing from Venice. What is the path of most cruiseships during sailaway? Do they sail just behind San Giorgio Maggiore Island? I was thinking of going up the bell tower of San Giorgio Maggiore, but if the ship just sails behind it.....

This will be the first time that we will be sailing from Venice. What is the path of most cruiseships during sailaway? Do they sail just behind San Giorgio Maggiore Island? I was thinking of going up the bell tower of San Giorgio Maggiore, but if the ship just sails behind it.....

They sail from the terminal, along the Guidecca canal then between San Giorgio Maggiore and St Mark's. You will have great views of both. The exit from the Laguna is at the old airport end of the Lido.

Thanks, I guess going up that bell tower becomes a very low priority.

Actually, views from San Giorgio Maggiore will be spectacular since you will be viewing the departing ship with St Marks Square in the background.

Thanks, I guess going up that bell tower becomes a very low priority.

Actually, views from San Giorgio Maggiore will be spectacular since you will be viewing the departing ship with St Marks Square in the background.

Archived