Booze preferences

jerblu

How do they know? I cant find any place in the passenger info form, or any place else to let them know what my wife or I prefer, in the way of soft drinks or wine. Do we just let them know once we are on board?

Go to the Silversea Web site, I assume you completed your Trip information to Silversea via E-Mail, the last empty block gives you the opportunity to request special requests, such as your specific Brand of Liquor. Not sure about wine and soft drinks. Soft drinks of variious types are in your Refig. You can ask your Butler for whatever you want in the way of Liquor Wine, Soft drinks, Water ect. We left a note on the Desk when we left the Cabin for the day and the Maid brought our requests before we returned. Don't fret, they will keep your Cabin well stocked

How do they know? I cant find any place in the passenger info form, or any place else to let them know what my wife or I prefer, in the way of soft drinks or wine. Do we just let them know once we are on board?

I have tried filling in the on-line form for our preferences but it never seems to be communicated to those who need to know. Now I just wait until we are aboard. When the Butler introduces himself, just let him know what you need. Specific instructions seem to work better than vague inclusions such as .. "I would be grateful if you could ensure that there is a chilled, unopened bottle of Pommery, one of Savignon Blanc and six beers in my fridge at all times".

And then it happens !

I am having the same problem. At the end of the online form it states "have we forgotten anything"? The communication does not go through. Do yo think it's because it needs to be 30 or 60 days before your cruise? Linda

I've been playing with that box myself. I learned the hard way that they are adamant about the 100 character limit. If you put in 101 or more characters (including spaces) it does not truncate or anything, it just deletes your entire message. I also learned that if I put something in the box for my profile, it appears in my wife's profile, too, taking up some or all of her already limited 100 characters.

When you get on board, just ask your Butler. Our preferences were in our room in one hour.

On every cruise we take, I usually make up a little note for the Butler/room steward on the little things we like - ie top sheet, extra towels, vodka, root beer, (no, not drunk together, lol) etc. That way, they have it in writing with something to refer to if they have questions. It's worked well for us.

(By the way, sorry to say, they told us on our recent cruise they no long stock Pommery - it was our favorite as well).

I strongly second the importance of staying under the 100 character limit in that "have we forgotten anything" box in the online form. Please review your form to make sure that your preferences have not been deleted because of too many characters. And ask specifically and you shall likely receive. Prior to our recent Spirit cruise I requested Macallan 12 single malt, which I know from past experience is not among the free singles (it costs $10 per drink on the ship's bar premium drink menu). It was present in the suite when we boarded. And when the bottle became well-used, the butler supplied another even though it was not requested.

Thank you so much! You were right. It would only accept 100 characters. Gee, I just love all the great advice and comments on this Silversea thread. I have truly learned so much. I will take the other advice and ask our butler for the other things we have in mind. Linda

Prior to our recent Spirit cruise I requested Macallan 12 single malt, which I know from past experience is not among the free singles (it costs $10 per drink on the ship's bar premium drink menu).

Could this possibly be correct? Macallan 12 (my favorite poison) is the standard single malt pour on Regent? I will be on an SS cruise in a few months, and this is very discouraging.

Our interest is in wine. Ideally, I'd like some champagne, pinot noir, sauvignon blanc (New Zealand style), and a nice sweet Riesling.

I dont suppose they'd supply a trockenbeerenauslese, so I wont ask for that (sigh).

Champagne: no problem, but one recent report suggested that you may not get a choice on the complimentary list. Pinot Noir, yes, and there may be a choice. Sauvignon blanc, you should get a choice of several, quite possibly including a New Zealand style. Nice sweet Riesling, unsure. Trockenbeerenauslese is a long shot, but dessert wine is available e.g. Sauternes.

Archived