pre-pay gratuities!

When making my reservation I did not include pre-pay gratuities. Should I have included them. How does it work. I only cruised on NCL before and they included the gratuities everyday and it showed on my statement the morning of getting off the ship. It was charged to my credit card. Any help with this? Thank you.

You can pre-pay with your credit card before you board. You can put it on your S&S card once you've boarded. Or, you can pay in cash at the end...your choice!

If you pay onboard, the full amount isn't charged until the end of the cruise, unlike some lines that charge per day....same difference!

So, it's up to you how you want to do it! We prefer the cash route, but many don't want to bother so they add it to their account, or pay it before they even start the cruise!

Hi,

It's a choice thing. On a personal level I like to have this pre paid so it's one less charge on my bill at the end. It's not all I tip but it covers the minimum. I like the way RCCL handles the vouchers at the end of the cruise where you pop a voucher in an envelope so you have the physical gesture of giving this to a member of staff.

If you decide to opt for My Time Dining you will have to have pre paid your gratuities in any case.

Archived