Isn't Johnny Rockets Included?

It's not a cheep date but you will find the burger and malts veryvery good! You may also find due to the cost per couple about $21 US, not very many people are eating here. We would go back in a heart beat. That is if our hearts will still beat after that fantastic thick and juicy burger! I had a double and it was all I could handle. FANTASTIC!!!!!!

As you probably already know every cruise line is slightly different from the next one by these kinds of things. For instance, NCL has a Blue Lagoon (in Hawaii on Pride of America, same restaurant but it's called Cadillac Diner) which is similar to Johnny Rockets, and it is free and open 23 hours a day.

Some lines give free capuccino in the dining room but never in the specialty coffee shop. Celebrity gives it free to suite guests when it's served in the suite.

Some lines have free ice cream. NCL has only 3 flavors at a time. Celebrity has about a dozen (free). RCCL has what a Ben & Jerry's and you pay for it.

Some lines have buffet food almost all evening, others close down. It's good that you are finding out the differences BEFORE you cruise so you won't be disappointed on board.

Hope learning about the charge in Johnny Rockets won't ruin your day!

Unless they do something different than land based JR's, the burgers aren't very good. We live about 2 miles from a JR and we've eaten there twice, the second time to give it a second chance. I've also eaten at them in Nashville and right off Rodeo Drive in LA, none of them are that great. You're paying for the decor and the "show". Their shakes are good, but the fries and burgers are borderline. The only decent burgers I've ever had on a cruise ship were on Carnival.

The place is EMPTY much of the time. I can't believe they keep using the space. Or, I can't believe they keep charging the fee. Take your pick, but it's obviously not something that appeals to a large number of cruisers. It's time for another option.

Rocket's isn't included, but really ought to be. I will never understand why anyone pays for a burger when there are plenty of free one's elsewhere on the ship!

For me, it's because the burgers elsewhere aren't good. I like JR. And by the way, I love Danvers as well! Wish I were there!

For me, it's because the burgers elsewhere aren't good. I like JR. And by the way, I love Danvers as well! Wish I were there!

Wow! Are you from here? Not many people know about 'Salem Village', LOL! Anyway, if you prefer the JR burgers better then perhaps it makes sense for you. I can take them or leave them. They are okay (to my taste) but roughly equal to the Windjammer's fare (again, in my opinion).

I'm originally from Ohio and we would vacation on the North Shore twice a year.Your area of the country is so beautiful! And I do miss the seasons living in Florida now. And.... you have a nicely refurbished mall as well!

I'm originally from Ohio and we would vacation on the North Shore twice a year.Your area of the country is so beautiful! And I do miss the seasons living in Florida now. And.... you have a nicely refurbished mall as well!

There is quite a bit to see here on vacation, and some things that people don't even know about. For instance, did you know that the original 'Spirit of '76' painting is in Marblehead? Has been for years! Even I didn't know that until about a decade ago.

Anyway, FL is nice in the winter so enjoy it! :D

Yes, the North Shore is very nice these days. Unfortunately the Liberty Tree is languishing - apparently of no concern to the owners. Sadness - sadness :confused:

Cheers my new friend, nice to make your acquaintance!

I didn't know about the Spirit of 76 painting. You learn something new everyday. Very good to meet you as well. We don't get to the North Shore as much as we'd like to these days. Please send me some snow if you can, I sure do miss it around the Holidays.:D

I didn't know about the Spirit of 76 painting. You learn something new everyday. Very good to meet you as well. We don't get to the North Shore as much as we'd like to these days. Please send me some snow if you can, I sure do miss it around the Holidays.:D

'Tis true that it is nice for the holidays (especially if one lives in a condo and therefore need not shovel - LOL). But this is prime time down in FL, enjoy the sun!

BTW the 'Spirit in in a place called Abbot Hall in Marblehead. You can see it for free. It is quite impressive, very large and fine. Perhaps during the summer you should take a trip to get away from the FL heat and see it. I hope you do because FL summer can be very oppressive.

Archived