Transportation and hotel with RCCL from Harwich to London

Post cruise transportation and hotel with RCCL. Anyone have any information on what they charge.

Go to the RCI website and do a dummy booking and include that you need a post-cruise hotel.

After you do a cabin selection and click on continue you will come to the page with pre/post-cruise hotels. Make sure you indicate the number of nights and which hotel.

When you continue it will give you a total for cruise fare and hotel. When doing a post-cruise hotel package with RCI, your transfers from ship to hotel are included in the price of the hotel. You would have to call them to find out what the cost of the transfers are separately.

Go to the RCI website and do a dummy booking and include that you need a post-cruise hotel.

After you do a cabin selection and click on continue you will come to the page with pre/post-cruise hotels. Make sure you indicate the number of nights and which hotel.

When you continue it will give you a total for cruise fare and hotel. When doing a post-cruise hotel package with RCI, your transfers from ship to hotel are included in the price of the hotel. You would have to call them to find out what the cost of the transfers are separately.

Have you tried to do this lately? This is no longer an option to me and hasn't been for a couple of months now. You have to call for prices and I'm not happy with the change. Seems to me it would benefit everyone (pax and cs agents) to have the maximum information available for booking without having to make contact:confused::rolleyes:.

Have you tried to do this lately? This is no longer an option to me and hasn't been for a couple of months now. You have to call for prices and I'm not happy with the change. Seems to me it would benefit everyone (pax and cs agents) to have the maximum information available for booking without having to make contact:confused::rolleyes:.

By George you are right (which I knew from the start)!! Well when did that change??:D:confused::o

So, I go to the RCI website and type in at the top of the page Extend Your Vacation" which takes me to the FAQ page and when I click on the answer it brings me to a page that has lots of destinations and then click on a destination and gives you lots of hotels. But NO PRICING!!!!!!!!!!:(

I am booked on this cruise Aug 11th..When I booked about a year out I remember checking on this and it was pretty pricey..knew I could do better on my own..They were using a hotel in London and not taking you to the ship till late morning..I am now going to just do a Non-Stop flight arriving into LHR very early 7am day of cruise..now am deciding to use RCI transfers or private transfer to get to Harwich...Still in the planning stage and am open to suggestions..but would rather spend my $ on the week post cruise stay in London...Cheers;)

By George you are right (which I knew from the start)!! Well when did that change??:D:confused::o

So, I go to the RCI website and type in at the top of the page Extend Your Vacation" which takes me to the FAQ page and when I click on the answer it brings me to a page that has lots of destinations and then click on a destination and gives you lots of hotels. But NO PRICING!!!!!!!!!!:(

It is a Royal Pain In the YOU KNOW WHAT, IMHO:mad:.

It is a Royal Pain In the YOU KNOW WHAT, IMHO:mad:.

Ain't that the truth. It would be OK, if you knew before you called that you would get an intelligent person on the other end that knew what he/she was talking about.....maybe has even been on a cruise or two........but we all know that's asking way too much.:rolleyes:

I am booked on this cruise Aug 11th..When I booked about a year out I remember checking on this and it was pretty pricey..knew I could do better on my own..They were using a hotel in London and not taking you to the ship till late morning..I am now going to just do a Non-Stop flight arriving into LHR very early 7am day of cruise..now am deciding to use RCI transfers or private transfer to get to Harwich...Still in the planning stage and am open to suggestions..but would rather spend my $ on the week post cruise stay in London...Cheers;)

First I would ask on your roll call for any suggestions that folks may have.

We are doing the TA on Jewel this coming September, but we are doing our pre-cruise hotel and air through RCI.

Some of the folks on our roll call suggested using 1800hotels dot com to book reasonably priced hotels. You may also want to go to the Europe boards and post your question over there. London is a wonderful city.......but a very pricey city as we found out when we were than back in 2005.

Good luck.:)

Thank you all for your help. We do have a private company taking us down and I can use them coming back also. Last time I believe I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Heathrow. Except for the fact the the dollar was 2 for 1 pound almost and a burger, coke and fries cost us $24.00 each it was a perfect location for early morning flight. I will check on my cruise board. It just is not a busy one. We are staying 2 nights in London at the beginning and got names of hotels from that one. I guess I will stick with the chauffer company I have already.

Thanks again.

I've always found cruise ship hotel options to be very pricey. The train takes you straight to Harwich, but if you have large suitcases, I imagine that getting them to the train could be a bit of a hassle (we hitched a ride on a bus organized by one of our Roll Call members).

If you're going to stay overnight at Heathrow post-cruise, consider the RCI tour and transfer to the airport post-cruise. We did that because it was the least expensive option for us and it turned out to be a nice little tour of the city before we were dropped off at the airport. I recall that a private car would have cost us 300 pounds, so for once the RCI option was the far better deal.

And here's something I found amusing - there were 3 busses doing the tour. Two were packed (they started out with people on the same airline on each bus) and the third was nearly empty. So they asked for volunteers to move to the empty bus. We were the only ones to do it, so we each had two seats to spread out in comfort in.:) Some of the other passengers seemed to think they were going to be taken off to prison or something. Their loss!

Post cruise transportation and hotel with RCCL. Anyone have any information on what they charge.

The train station and cruise terminal at Harwich are co-located, and the train is a good deal into London (terminates at London's Liverpool Street Station).

Hi

I live on the "Liverpool Street Line -that takes you from London to Harwich International. I live in Essex.

I would be happy to advise on any London hotels or the cheapest way to get your train travel from Liverpool Street too.

Have travelled from Harwich recently too.

Osfan

I have taken public transportation from LHR to Harwich myself. It is not hard. I believe your final destination in London is the Liverpool Street Station. From there you take a train to Harwich. Just be careful that you stay on the correct train. Half-way through the trip from London to Harwich some of the trains detach and only one portion continues to Harwich. I met some great CC members on the train which will also have several others on the train who will be boarding the ship. You can get more info on how to do this if you check out the England portion of the CC website.

I actually need transportation back from Harwich to London and a hotel near Heathrow for 1 night. We cannot do the train as one member cannot really pull luggage and we have 2 large each and carry on. So far our private limosine/car company is the cheapest but I have not got a quote from RCCL. They want me to do it through my T/A and I don't. After all they give you the option of purchasing it on the cruise anyway.

I was thinking of the Premier Inn near Victoria Station pre cruise (we have a show at Victoria Palace) and maybe a Sheraton by Heathrow post cruise. Suggestions would be welcomed. Victoria Palace Hotel looked nice but about US 60 more than Premier which I have been told is chain but okay? Anyone know?

When we went on the Jewel of the Seas out of Harwich in August, 2008, we booked our own transportation and hotel. It was much cheaper than going through RCCL. We stayed at City Inn Westminister 3 nights pre-cruise and it was great. There were 6 of us and we arranged a private car to/from Harwich. They were very accommodating and we were very happy with our choices.

Deb

First I would ask on your roll call for any suggestions that folks may have.

We are doing the TA on Jewel this coming September, but we are doing our pre-cruise hotel and air through RCI.

Some of the folks on our roll call suggested using 1800hotels dot com to book reasonably priced hotels. You may also want to go to the Europe boards and post your question over there. London is a wonderful city.......but a very pricey city as we found out when we were than back in 2005.

Good luck.:)

Thanks :D....I have already narrowed down the hotels for our week post cruise to the Knightsbridge or the Milestone..Now it's just RCI transfers or private (don't want to do the train with luggage) from LHR - Harwich.:confused:....but if we use RCI transfers on the return we would apparently have to go back to the airport and then get to our hotel ourself....Logistics Yikes ;)

When we went on the Jewel of the Seas out of Harwich in August, 2008, we booked our own transportation and hotel. It was much cheaper than going through RCCL. We stayed at City Inn Westminister 3 nights pre-cruise and it was great. There were 6 of us and we arranged a private car to/from Harwich. They were very accommodating and we were very happy with our choices.

Deb

We did the same and paid considerably less than we would have had we booked through the cruiseline. We prefer to fly from Boston to London on a daytime flight which gets us into London by 8:30 and to the hotel by 10pm where we can get a quick drink and a bite before retiring for the evening. Next morning we find we have adjusted to the time difference and are fully prepared to spend the next few days seeing the fabulous sites that London has to offer. Enjoyed the City Inn very much and found the location quite convenient to many things including the Tate Britain museum.

For a Heathrow hotel I would recommend the Crowne Plaza. It is reasonably priced - use ICH Hotels site - and the Hoppa bus connects to all terminals.

Premier Inn hotels are a chain but fine and usually around £70 a night in London. The cheaper ones are out in the Docklands area and are linked to the city by the Docklands Light Railway - which is an experience to travel on.

The City Inn is located in Pimlico and can sometimes be found at a reasonable price - try GTA Hotels site or Kayak. This hotel is close to Victoria.

Knightsbridge/Kensington are very pricey areas of town.

Karen

Hi

I live on the "Liverpool Street Line -that takes you from London to Harwich International. I live in Essex.

I would be happy to advise on any London hotels or the cheapest way to get your train travel from Liverpool Street too.

Osfan

Considering staying at City Inn Westminster; what do you think? How would one get to the port from here? Victoria Train Station? Price of the train? Is hiring a car to take us to the port feasible? We are coming in on May 29th, saturday. It is a holiday in the US, anything in the UK?

Any advice you might offer will be appreciated, I see you have been on Jewel, my favorite ship.

• 6 months later...
Hi

Osfan

I am wondering what there is to do around the port city. Arriving close to the dock and staying in the town or outskirts.

Thanks tt traveler

Just returned and if I knew then what I know now..I would have taken a taxi from Heathrow to the Liverpool Street station (as our non stop flight from the US arrived at 7:10am and we had to wait for RCI bus until 9:00am not that, that was too bad lucky to be on the first bus some who arrived later had to wait for the next bus) and taken the train into Harwich..The bus ride with RCI contracted transfers took 3 loooong uncomfortable hours..and $100 pp one way !!...On the return we took the train from Harwich to the Liverpool Street station and then a taxi to our Kensington Court area hotel...The train station in Harwich is only across the parking lot from where the ship docks really just a few steps..much easier than I ever imagined and if you need help we saw porters helping an elderly couple of which one was in a wheelchair....From what I saw of the couple of hotels and the town of Harwich..I wouldn't choose to stay there..not really necessary..JMHO of course !!!...Also some passengers on our transfer bus had arrived the night before and stayed at hotels arranged with RCI and they still had to pick us up at Heathrow so we all arrived at the ship at the same time !!

Royal Caribbean prices for next July are:

GROSVENOR JW MARRIOTT post cruise is $265.64

CITY INN WESTMINSTER post cruise is $194.25

I suspect that those prices are per person rather than per room, which is one reason we normally book our hotels on our own or through some other company than a cruiseline. If I am mistaken, please correct me, but last year it was much less expensive for us to book the City Inn Westminster prior to our Jewel Transatlantic, through someone other than RCI, and that was even allowing for the fact that RCI's price included the transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to Harwich.

Considering staying at City Inn Westminster; what do you think? How would one get to the port from here? Victoria Train Station? Price of the train? Is hiring a car to take us to the port feasible? We are coming in on May 29th, saturday. It is a holiday in the US, anything in the UK?

Any advice you might offer will be appreciated, I see you have been on Jewel, my favorite ship.

Unless you have massive luggage or very limited mobility, the best thing would be to take a cab from the hotel to Liverpool Street Station (about £10 or so) and then the train to Harwich (about £26 each).

Alternatively, if you're happy with rolling your luggage to the nearest Tube station, you could also walk to Westminster station (about half a mile from the City Inn) and catch the Jubilee Line tube to Stratford, where you can pick up the Harwich train (Stratford is the first stop for that train after Liverpool Street). Both Westminster and Stratford have elevators, so you don't need to schlep your luggage up and down stairs.

Memorial Day weekend is also a holiday in Britain (though it's prosaically called the 'Late Spring Bank Holiday'), so you need to be careful -- the railway companies often take the excuse of a holiday weekend to do work on the track, which could delay you or even put you on a bus. Currently the line out of Liverpool Street is planned to be shut down that weekend on the Sunday and Monday, but NOT the Saturday.

Archived