Only one upgrade?

Details

Our daughter is joining us a single in an interior guarantee K cabin next month. I was told today she was "upgraded from a K to an I" and assigned a cabin. (The price difference for this was only $15.) Does this mean she won't be eligible for any further upgrades? Just curious and not a big deal. This is our first experience dealing with a "guaranteed cabin". My DH and I have an assigned cabin, but were told we too were eligible for an upgrade? Is this true too?

There are a few occasions where a second upgrade can appear, but normally, once assigned a stateroom, that is exactly where you will end up. Remember, booking a guarantee stateroom means you are 'guaranteed' the category you booked in OR higher, but not always higher and usually in the type of stateroom you actually booked. Most upgrades are inside to a higher inside, outside to a higher outside, balcony to a higher balcony category. And believe it or not, some are assigned a stateroom in the exact category they booked their guarantee in. ;)

Yes, even though you have an assigned stateroom, there is also a very slight chance for you that you will also be upgraded. But there are a lot of factors that come into play including how full the ship is and if they need your category stateroom for a guarantee.

We have been upgraded twice before a cruise, when booking a guarantee. They may only go up one grade, or they may jump several levels of cabins. One never knows and should never count on it.

Archived