Your best cruise deal

Hi everyone, just wondering what some of the best cruise deals you found out there were. Were they last minute deals or did you plan way in advance? Lots of onboard credit? Please share!

We were booked on Celebrity in 2002 and my huband returned late from a deployment so we had to pospone the trip by 6 weeks..Celebrity was full so they allowed us to change to the RCCL Brilliance.. Jr. Suite (about 4 weeks before sailing) 750.00 per person for 12 or 13 nights..It was a great trip and the total cost with taxes was around 1600.00...

The Swine Flu cruises were great deals. Doubt we will see that circumstance again for a long, long time. Don't want to see it again either.

Book off peak times. Avoid hoildays, spring/winter/summer breaks. 4day M-F cruises at off peak times can be a good value.

Don't be in a rush....check back often when you do book....the best deal i've ever had, was booked a couple of months ago for may 2nd Valor cruising out of miami. Booked family of 6 for a 7 day cruise using pa residency discount for under $2200. We couldn't go to myrtle beach for for a week for that price! :D

The Swine Flu cruises were great deals. Doubt we will see that circumstance again for a long, long time. Don't want to see it again either.

Book off peak times. Avoid hoildays, spring/winter/summer breaks. 4day M-F cruises at off peak times can be a good value.

Agreed on the Swine Flu cruises...never see the $89 specials again. Given the cirumstance thats fine by me. One hit wonders!

How about a B2B aboard Carnival Spirit for 24 nights to and from Hawaii, for $75.26 per day, per person, including cruise, port charges, taxes and tips. That's a total of 13 days in the islands, with 5+ Sea Days at each end. Add three more days of travel, by train, bus and plane, and two nights in a condo in Vancouver for additional $324 for two. Total cost for two people, for 27 days is $3,936.54.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Agreed on the Swine Flu cruises...never see the $89 specials again. Given the cirumstance thats fine by me. One hit wonders!

Yep, absolutely agree on this. $706.00 for both of us for 7 day cruise and a great itinerary to boot.

During the swine flu outbreak:

Paradise - 3 nights - category 6C $89 (add tax and gratuities for a total of $149 per person).

Went to Catalina instead of Ensenada which, actually, was a treat.

Just wish we could have taken advantage of the great deals on the weeklong cruises during that time.

When the Destiny was messed up just a month ago, I paid a total of 964.00 (taxes, fees and all) for 5 of us for a five day cruise. That's 38 p/p p/d! Then, when I went to cash out my sail and sign, they had given us each a 50.00 OBC WOW!!! So it ended up being like 28.00 p/p p/d:D I'm guessing kinda like those deals people got during swine flu. Oh yeah, I also booked this on a Thurs. afternoon, left Fri. morning for a Sat. departure!! I can only pray something that sweet lands in my lap again!:D:D:D:D:D

No way to compare best deals as they could be different type categories, different time of year, unique circumstances that may never happen again i.e. H1N1 scare offering ridiculously low cruise rates, etc.

If you find a cruise you like and the price meets your needs.....or if a ridiculously low rate appears and you can go at any time... then YOU GOT A DEAL ! :D

Don't be in a rush....check back often when you do book....the best deal i've ever had, was booked a couple of months ago for may 2nd Valor cruising out of miami. Booked family of 6 for a 7 day cruise using pa residency discount for under $2200. We couldn't go to myrtle beach for for a week for that price! :D

wow! that really is a great deal! what was the breakdown in pricing for that? Congratulations on finding such a fantastic deal. Are those for inside cabins?

We are using our Swine Flu Discount Cruise Fare in 47 days. We paid $673.00 for the 2 of us to sail on The Dream. That is for a 4E. We are extremely happy. WE also get the $100.00 OBC.

wow! that really is a great deal! what was the breakdown in pricing for that? Congratulations on finding such a fantastic deal. Are those for inside cabins?

Yes they are both inside cabins but how long are we in the cabins anyway. We are cruising!

Back in the days when they added port charges to the cruise fare, got to go free, just pay the $37 port charges to Bimini on Carnival.

I also got two of them free or $50 day cruise to Nassau. (2 for $99), when they had the 2 for 1 sales and I lived 30 minutes from Port Everglades.

These are the 3 cruises I also dont have proof that I ever did them before Carnival had computers... so I guess the fact I have 3 Carnival cruises that I didnt get credit for ... at least they were very cheap. Thats why I didnt save boarding photos and such, it wasnt a big deal.

One of the free $99 cruises, went by myself. within 7 days of your birthday you could go free, just pay port charges, back in the 1980s ... and it included the 7 course meal that used to cost $10.

Archived