Royal Promenade

I will be sailing on Explorer in May. My cabin is on deck 7 (7330). The deck plan shows the library and the Royal Promenade both on deck 7. The deck plan also shows the Royal Promenade on deck 6 and deck 8. Are there really three different ones? One on each of those decks? Thanks in advance.:confused:

I will be sailing on Explorer in May. My cabin is on deck 7 (7330). The deck plan shows the library and the Royal Promenade both on deck 7. The deck plan also shows the Royal Promenade on deck 6 and deck 8. Are there really three different ones? One on each of those decks? Thanks in advance.:confused:

No...there is only one...but many floors look down to the center of the promenade deck. This is my absolute favorite ship. It is beautiful. I hope you have a great time...

The Promenade itself (with shops, bars, etc.) is on deck 5. It's four stories tall and spans decks 5, 6, 7 & 8 in the center of the ship. That's why you see it on deck plans for so many decks. :)

Maryalyce, the Royal Promenade spans four decks, so it is actually on decks 5, 6, 7, and 8. By being 4 decks tall, it is a beautiful, mainstreet-like area that draws crowds for parades and is the central "main drag" of the Exlporer and the Voyager, Freedom and now Oasis class ships. To get a look, go to YouTube or Flickr and search for Royal Promenade and there will be several videos and pictures to see.

Have a GREAT cruise!!

---------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

You did that on the Freedom. The OP will be on Explorer, which does not have a Sorrento's on the Royal Promenade.

Just trying to control expectations. :)

But she can do it at the Cafe Promenade.

Just as an observation people seem to make Sorrento's seem like some great pizza place. After sailing Indy my impression is that all they really did was put two Cafe Promenades on the Royal Promenade and name one of the Sorrento's. They then took the pizza out of the Cafe and put it into the newly named location. The nice thing is that it does seem to help disperse the crowds so that neither location ever seemed crowded to me.

But she can do it at the Cafe Promenade.

Just as an observation people seem to make Sorrento's seem like some great pizza place. After sailing Indy my impression is that all they really did was put two Cafe Promenades on the Royal Promenade and name one of the Sorrento's. They then took the pizza out of the Cafe and put it into the newly named location. The nice thing is that it does seem to help disperse the crowds so that neither location ever seemed crowded to me.

Thanks for clarifying for all, OB. (but I was talking about the Sorrento's part of lbumb's post, not the people-watching part. :))

Thanks for clarifying for all, OB. (but I was talking about the Sorrento's part of lbumb's post, not the people-watching part. :))

I know. I just thought I would add in a little distantly related information. You certainly are correct that there is no Sorrento's to people watch from on Explorer.

Everything on the Royal Promenade is on deck 5. Visually, decks 6-8 are just the windows of the promenade cabins on these decks and of course open atrium space between each side. On deck 6, there is a small bridge, but it is reserved for entertainers/crew only.

There are public rooms like the library located at the end of the Royal Promenade.

Archived