Any children on the Panama Canal Cruises in April?

Tintown

We are booked on a Panama Canal cruise out of LA on April 6 and wondered whether there would be many children on board. This is our 4th Princess cruise (2 x Med and 1 x Tahiti) and our 12 year old daughter is usually one of about 10 children on board. We were hoping that this location may be more popular for those with children. What do you all think? We are from NZ and it is the school holidays at that time, but I don't know when they are in the USA.:)

We did the Coral Panama Canal this past Christmas when most of the cruise was during vacation time. . There were about 250 children aboard. Since you are sailing two days after Easter Sunday, that would put it in at most in the second half of a vacation period for elementary/middle school age children. I suspect there won't be many aboard.

You can call Princes and they will tell you how many children are booked for your cruise.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Shalom, Andy.

The LA school district is the second largest in the US and spring break is always the week leading up to Easter (some religious schools take off the week following Easter). I'm guessing that many other school districts are the same, but I imagine people will report in.

One thing about the Panama Canal cruises is that they're mostly longer than 7 days, right? I think most spring breaks are just a week long.

Thanks for that information everyone. I think our daughter will cope anyway, but it would have been nice to have some company for her. It is difficult because our school holidays don't tie up with yours over there. Your feedbck is appreciated.

Not sure about April (or if many schools have a break at the time you are sailing). We did an 11 day (San Juan to Acapulco) in early December 2007. There were about 30 kids on the cruise (don't remember if that was pre-teen or through age 17). Our daughter was 7 at the time, and it worked out fine. If many schools are on break when you are sailing, I would expect to see that number higher--but would anticipate 20-30 otherwise.

I believe you or your TA can call Princess and find out how many children are on board.

Great suggestion Paul. We have had our TA do this in the past for others on our roll call who's TA's did not know how to check. Just have them call and they will be given the numbers of how many other children will be onboad your sailing.

Thanks for that. I have tried phoning Princess Australia, but they don't have the figures available unfortunately. Never mind, we will just have to wait and see.

We ran into this with roll call friends that were also booking in Australia. They also were not able to get the information when contacting princess in AU. They had one of us that booked in the U.S. ask their TA to check with Princess about he count of children onboard, it only took a few minutes and we could give them the answer. You might ask some of those on your roll call if they could do the same for you, then you would know for sure. ;)

Archived