Pre Post Hotels Rome Italy

luggage

RCCl has just announced it has recontracted with Hotel Cicerone in Rome.

Have heard bad and good about this establishment. Anyone stayed there recently and any good advice.

Thanks and Have a tremendous day.

I know alot of people book their air, hotel and transfers with the cruiseline. Perhaps because they feel safer using them or it's just a bit easier......... but I agree with Cynthia. Book your own.

Cheaper, get better choice (pick your flights - not theirs, your hotel where you want it - not theirs, and transfers - well let's just say I don't like sitting in a bus waiting for it to fill up on my precious Europe time :eek:)

Used the cruiseline to book air once. What a mess. Ended up cancelling it and booking my own. And that is after we paid $200. in fees which were non-refundable. I learned my lesson.

• 3 months later...

The location isn't great. It's not bad, but it's a bit out of the way. It's convenient for Castel Sant'Angelo and the Ara Pacis, but how often do those sites (two of my favorites) make even the top ten for tourists?

That section of Rome, Prati, is retail and residential and is relatively new, for Rome anyway.

I can see your point, but aside from the cost and inconvenience was there anything wrong with the hotel? We are staying there for 3 nights prior to sailing on the Equinox on July 16th.

Since you are staying there next week, I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it between now and then. It gets mixed reviews on tripadvisor but recent ones seem to be favorable. Also, I would think that they would give good rooms to cruise line clients (in the hopes of keeping the contract) so if there are updated rooms vs. non-updated ones, then chances are you'll have the better rooms. If you're not happy with the room that you've been given, I wouldn't hesitate to ask if they have a better one to give you.

Enjoy your trip!:)

Archived