After booking excursion...what's the cancellation policy?

moopdog

If we changed our minds for example, can we get our money back and at which point is it too late? I ask because weather may affect whether or not we want to keep certain excursions, and that is something we know obviously until the day prior to the event. Is it too late to back out at that point?

Thanks in advance.

If we changed our minds for example, can we get our money back and at which point is it too late? I ask because weather may affect whether or not we want to keep certain excursions, and that is something we know obviously until the day prior to the event. Is it too late to back out at that point?

Thanks in advance.

normally you can cancel up until the day before or maybe even day of. If the weather is a real issue the tour may very well be cancelled anyway. Check when you get aboard the ship for the totally correct answer..

Nita

Thanks in advance.

If I understand correctly, you do not pay when you book. The charge is added to your onboard account. If you want to cancel you have to do so 48 hours before arriving in the port for which you booked the excursion, otherwise you pay. I haven't sailed with NCL....yet :D ....but that's the way I read it on NCL web site. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong ;)

If I understand correctly, you do not pay when you book. The charge is added to your onboard account. If you want to cancel you have to do so 48 hours before arriving in the port for which you booked the excursion, otherwise you pay. I haven't sailed with NCL....yet :D ....but that's the way I read it on NCL web site. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong ;)

That is what I understood as well.

Does anyone know when they remove the ability to edit shore excursions prior to sailing. Our shore excursion is on the first day of the cruise, so if we decide to cancel, it will need to be before we leave for the cruise.

Thanks.

This is what it says on NCL web site:

Refunds and Cancellation Fees

All tours cancelled within 48 hours prior to arrival in the port where the tour is scheduled to operate are non-refundable. Certain tours, such as overland tours, customized tours and tours with theater performances or special events may be subject to different cancellation fees. Check with the Shore Excursion Desk for details. If a flight departure is cancelled due to weather by the flight company in conjunction with the Shore Excursion Manager, a full credit is given. You can cancel a tour by returning the tour ticket to the Shore Excursion Desk and advising the staff of the cancellation. Refunds will be credited to the guest's onboard account.

Does anyone know when they remove the ability to edit shore excursions prior to sailing. Our shore excursion is on the first day of the cruise, so if we decide to cancel, it will need to be before we leave for the cruise.

Thanks.

I cannot see anything on the web site about that. It says:

"You can book your adventures ashore up to five days prior to sailing"

so if I were you I would decide prior to the 5 days before sailing to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

I would go to the Shore Excursion desk as soon as you board if you need to cancel and you weren't able to cancel it online.

Thanks.

I don't believe you can cancel or edit online, only book. So, you would have to call the shore excursion department at any point in time.

I just cancelled a shore ex that I booked on line for the Epic. Yes, you do need to call the shore ex office to cancel one that was booked on line and they reminded me that I have up until 5 days before to cancel.

I just cancelled a shore ex that I booked on line for the Epic. Yes, you do need to call the shore ex office to cancel one that was booked on line and they reminded me that I have up until 5 days before to cancel.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Archived