Bar adn Tapas Recommendation in Barcelona

SASSYIN2

We are meeting up with a few other memebers from CC before our cruise and looking to find a fun bar to meet at for a drink before everyone goes on their way for dinner. The center of all our hotels is at the Placa del Catalunya.

Anyone have a good recommendation?

I met a man from Barcelona and I aksed him the same question. He gave me the name of this place. I looked it up on Trip Advisor and it has good reviews. We plan to try it out when we are in Barcelona next month.

Cerveceria Catalana (Eximaple District c/ Mallorca 236- Green L3 at Diagonal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've been to several tapas bars in that area of Barcelona. Our overall favorite is Taller de Tapas. They have several locations but the only one we've been to, which for some reason seems better rated than the others, is the one on Argenteria in the Born district, just to the NE of the Gothic Quarter near the old Santa Maria del Mar church.

http://www.tallerdetapas.com/eng/argenteria/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
Try Ciudad Condal, a sister bar to Cerveceria Catalana. It is even closer to Plaza Catalunya, at the corner of Rambla Catalunya and Gran Via Cortes Catalanes. The tapas are excellent.

I agree. We have been to Barcelona several times, have eaten there every time(sometimes more than once) and have never had a bad tapas meal.

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen 4Cats reviewed on tv and trip advisor. I am curious if anyone here has been there. Is it a tourist trap or good take?

Els Quatre Gats is a pretty, historical tourist trap from what I have read. The menu del dia is fairly priced but entails pedestrian fare. What you are paying for is WHO dined there before you.

Els Quatre Gats is a pretty, historical tourist trap from what I have read. The menu del dia is fairly priced but entails pedestrian fare. What you are paying for is WHO dined there before you.

Thanks, sounds like we can do better. I'll check out Trip Advisor reviews and find a better place.

Thanks all for the suggestions and the clarification about Tapas Bars are good bars to meet for a drink and a small early meal-

We are headed to i Ciudad Condal Cerveceria, based on ton s of reviews and it's easy location

Will post when we return.

• 2 weeks later...
I met a man from Barcelona and I aksed him the same question. He gave me the name of this place. I looked it up on Trip Advisor and it has good reviews. We plan to try it out when we are in Barcelona next month.

Cerveceria Catalana (Eximaple District c/ Mallorca 236- Green L3 at Diagonal

We ended up going here while we were in Barcelona and it was VERY popular. I think everyone in the city was there, but you could tell many of them were locals. We arrived at about 9:30 and waited for about 30-45 min. We put on names on the list for both indoor and outdoor seating and were seated outside, which was wonderful. The food was AMAZING!!! We loved the food and the cost was reasonable as well. But if you go, either go early or be prepared to wait.

• 4 weeks later...

Are any of these places good for lunch or are they primarily open for dinner? Also, are lunch hours later than normal US restaurant lunch hours or is that just for dinner? We have a short port day 7a-4p (so really 7:30 - 3:30 at best) and want to try and squeeze in a good tapas and sangria lunch.

Thanks!

Another vote for Ciudad Condal. Very close to Plaza Cataluna.

You have a choice of an outside or inside table. Tapas are great and don't

forget to have sangria as well. Makes for a very nice meal.

Are any of these places good for lunch or are they primarily open for dinner? Also, are lunch hours later than normal US restaurant lunch hours or is that just for dinner? We have a short port day 7a-4p (so really 7:30 - 3:30 at best) and want to try and squeeze in a good tapas and sangria lunch.

Thanks!

They are definitely open for lunch - at least the Taller de Tapas place I mentioned. Last time we were there was at a port of call stop along the way and we toured through the morning and lunched early afternoon before heading back to the ship. Most will open sometime before noon and remain open most of the rest of the day and evening so they'll be open for early dinner as well.

Archived