Can I change my cabin assignment?

mercede70

I booked an obstructed view room and found out today that I was upgraded to a FF cabin E511, it looks from the wonderful picture on one of the threads that it is at the end of a large lifeboat, with some light coming through. My question is, once the TA or Princess has booked my room, can I call to change the cabin number as long as I stay within the FF? If so, do I call the TA or Princess directly?

Thanks, and I appreciate all of the help in answering the 127 questions I have had regarding this cruise, this website and its guests are fabulous, so THANKS!

:)

If you booked through a TA, you will have to call them and ask them to change your stateroom. Princess won't discuss your booking or make any changes unless booked direct.

We have done just this in the past, and as long as we were in the same category as we wished to switch cabins with, it wasn't a problem.

I called Princess and the agent there saw that I had booked through a TA, but said he would change me anyways, he gave me the 5 cabins that were available at the same FF category and let me pick the room I wanted. :)

I used the awesome diagram someone had posted of the obstructed view cabins and picked one that had a small lifeboat in front instead of the large tender.

Thanks for the responses. :)))

Just went in to the Princess site and did a "fake" booking and it shows you what cabins are available.

If you do this and there are 6 cabins showing availability (they only show a maximum of 6 cabins per category, even though others are available), you can put in your prefered cabin number and it will show if it's available or not. If it's available you can book it. I'm glad they were able to help you out. It's funny that the site only showed 2 available (one of which was a handicapped cabin). Enjoy your cruise!!!

I called Princess and the agent there saw that I had booked through a TA, but said he would change me anyways, he gave me the 5 cabins that were available at the same FF category and let me pick the room I wanted. :)

I used the awesome diagram someone had posted of the obstructed view cabins and picked one that had a small lifeboat in front instead of the large tender.

Thanks for the responses. :)))

Glad it worked out for you. Have a great cruise.

Archived