Carnival age policy

SeaScout

Probably a dumb question but...... Wondering if anyone can clarify Carnivals age policy for me. Here is the situation. Myself, my girlfriend (both 50ish) and her mother (70ish), My sister and her husband and another couple are all booked and payed in full using the easy saver program. This is for a nov. 2010 cruise.

My son, aged 23, has expressed an interest in cruising with us also and bringing a friend. (also aged 23). My question is can my son and his friend book a cabin on the ship? Carnivals FAQ page is somewhat vague about this. It says that people under 21 need to be booked in a cabin with a parent or someone over the age of 25. No real mention that I can find about 23 yr. olds but I thought I had heard there were some restictions?

At this point our cabin arrangements are firm and we don't want to have to switch people around. Also don't want to have to share our cabin with the 23 yr olds. So, can two 23 yr olds book a cabin on the ship if only one of them is a child of an adult already booked on the ship?

I can give you a "I know because I did" confirmation.... my best friend and I (both 23) cruised in May together and my boyfriend and I in November (23/25). So it is definitely fine : )

-Megan

I think so too, but I'm not entirely sure thats the case. Can anyone clarify?

Yes, the two 23-year-olds can book on their own. They are over the age of 21. You only have to worry about a 25-year-old guardian if somebody is UNDER the age of 21. Let the two boys book and enjoy the cruise!

I found this on the Carnival site, they should be fine.

How old do you have to be to travel alone?

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to be sure before we made any further decisions.

Lizzanna, I mentioned it to Dev and he seemed interested. I gave him the info and told him I would spring for an inside cabin. I figured why not. Its only money. I'll just print more. Not sure if he'll decide to go or not. We have a little time to decide yet.

Archived