How to make special requests?

owtrspace

We are set to sail on Navigator on 3/29 and just had a couple questions related to special requests.

Since this sailing is over Easter and we are traveling with our son, I was curious who I should/could ask to have the traditional easter egg coloring set up - either in our suite or in a public space? I figure since there are likely eggs and food coloring on board the ship (for baking and the likes), it shouldn't be an issue of provisioning, just a matter of logistics.

Second - if we have any particular food cravings that aren't on the menu, how does one make a special request for a certain type of meal? Again, it would likely only be within the confines of ingredients on the ship, but just curious how to go about it.

Thanks for any insight! :)

If you want a particular meal or dish, you can request it a day in advance and have it served to you in Compass Rose. We have done this before--requested a Filipino meal which was huge, way too much food for the 3 of us.

Things that are "common", like a side of mashed potatoes or fries, can be requested at the time of your meal even if not on the menu, and they can usually get those. I have requested extra veges from time to time with no problem.

No idea about the egg coloring, though I would expect that they will have some sort of festivities onboard.

If traditional Easter egg colouring is important to you, it would be best to take one of the kits that you can buy with you. Alternatively, you could take food colouring, travel packages of vinegar (or order it from room service) and any other items that you typically use. Room service would deliver hard boiled eggs. Depending upon the age of your son, the rocking of the ship due to ocean conditions, etc. this could be a difficult activity to complete onboard. I have visions of food colouring more than the egg, child and adult. Therefore, I think it's doubtful that this would be a group activity onboard the Navigator. My opinion would be to plan for it yourself if it is important to you.

Thanks! Yes, thought about bringing one of those coloring kits with the tablet colorants.. Sounds feasible. The rocking of the ship and trying to color the eggs may make for great entertainment ;)

I just have a picture of cups of food colouring spilling on the carpet in the stateroom. Couldn't you find some kind of kit that involves markers or crayons instead? I remember the mess of this activity--it was a big part of our son's Easter, but on a ship, I don't think so. Sorry to sound negative. Perhaps you could do it on the balcony? Or get invited down to the crew mess to do this?

When we went on an Easter cruise we just brought along some of those plastic colored eggs so didn't have to deal with dying them. filled them with stuff that would be used on the cruise or in ports.

We also brought an Easter basket that we FILLED with easter chocolates and hung it outside our cabin door with a "Happy Easter, Help yourself" sign. We actually had to refill it many times through out the day. From what I understand every crew member on board found an excuse to wander down our hallway :)

We also brought an Easter basket that we FILLED with easter chocolates and hung it outside our cabin door with a "Happy Easter, Help yourself" sign. We actually had to refill it many times through out the day. From what I understand every crew member on board found an excuse to wander down our hallway :)

Very thoughtful. I like that.

Archived