11:00 AM flight

bug18

I actually have a 10:20am, so am eager for an answer to this as well.

I called RCI and asked about this and they said (i) if we are willing to carry our own bags off the ship, we could be among the first off--- 7:30am-ish and (ii) taxi to airport is 10-15 ride. I am hoping to get to airport by at least 8:45am (worst case), which should be plenty for a 10:20 flight. Of course, they weren't making any promises that I would make the flight and said they would not book such an early flight for a guest.

Our sailing gets back on July 3rd and we need to get home to prep for a party on the 4th.

Barring any major delays at sea, I can't imagine any problems with those flights. In December, we carried off our own bags, left the ship around 7:00 (which was NOT in the first group off), got to the airport, checked in, went through security, and found ourselves sitting at the gate by around 8:15.

If you carry your own bags off, or are even in the first group off like I was it should be no problem. We were called at just after 7 and we proceeded from our waiting area in the Opal Theater through the Promenade and down the gangway, through customs and got our luggage and were at the airport in less than an hour (even after having to get help to find a bag that got sequestered in lost and found due to a luggage tag that came off). In fact we spent more time standing in the line waiting to check bags at the Southwest curbside stand than we did getting off the boat and getting to the airport. I would think 10:20 is doable. Our flight wasn't until 1:30 and we spent about 4 hours sitting in the terminal waiting.

While it's doable... I would still consider building in a little time for unforseen problems/delays. You could always try to get put on standby for an earlier flight if everything goes perfect and you find yourself with a lot of time to kill at the airport.

We watched the interactive TV the night before and it said cruisers who wanted to take off their own luggage could do so between 6 and 7 am. We were down on the Promenade deck a little after 6 and were among the first in line. They wouldn't let us start debarkmenting (sp) until about 6:20 and went through customs and were in a cab in five minutes. We had to make a stop at a local hotel to pick up a package and still were at the airport a little after 7 am. We were there so early for our 11:30 am flight that they would not let us check our bags until 8:30 am. So we had breakfast while we waited.

If you take your luggage and get to the Promenade deck shortly after 6 am I can't imagine anything that could cause you to even remotely have a chance to miss a flight.

The only time we had a problem disembarking was the one time off the Voyager a few years back when there was a problem with immigration. Apparently a guest did not have proper documentation, so no one was allowed off the ship until after 10. This is highly unusual, though, as they want to get the ship cleaned and turned around for the next group.

Thank you. Your posts have put my mind at ease.

We were on the Oasis in Jan.

We had a 10:20 flight, we walked off with our bags and had plenty of time at the airport.

You should be fine.

We have a flight out of Miami at 11:30 next Jan after we get off the Allure, I thinks this might be a little tight but we don't have a choice (:

You dont even need to walk off your own bags. Just go to the pursers desk and tell them you have an early flight so you are in the first group called off. They are really good about this. As you go into the luggage terminal grab a porter (tip). He will have your bags in no time, and get you a taxi. They will walk into the middle of the road to get one if they have to. We have always been to the airport by 9am. :)

Archived