South Beach Marriott or Courtyard South Beach

klmorg

Anyone have suggestions for which of these Marriott South Beach hotels might be better for a one day pre-cruise stay? We DO want to stay in one of them, and probably not downtown this trip.

Also, how is SB on a Sunday... is everything open?

Thanks!!

The SB Marriott is ON the ocean, the CY is not...and would offer more of a resort-like experience...

the rooms at both are not huge...

the marriott may be a little farther away from the action, but you could certainly get there easily.

if you have status with marriott, and you get an upgrade, it would be (most likely) nicer at the FS (full service) hotel than the CY.

I am Plat Premier with them, and if it were me, i'd stay at the FS hotel on the ocean...............

Thanks megr... Was kind of leaning that way, but still like to hear what others have to say. Anyone else??

I completely agree with megr.

I do think the rooftop pool at the Courtyard Marriott is very cool.

Make sure you pick the South Beach location and not Miami Beach.

Everything is open and Sundays is a very busy day in South Beach.

Hi,

My DW and I have only stayed at the South Beach CY. We were originally booked into the one on the beach but after looking at the restaurants that we wanted to visit we changed our reservation and went to South Beach. The hotel is nice, as has been said, the rooms aren't huge. I think the location is great, there are lots of good places to go eat and drink within walking distance.

Avoid the breakfast buffet - it is a complete rip off and there is a deli (Jerry's?) a block or two away that does great food for a better price. I can recommend Waxy O'Connors for Irish breakfast! Also, I'm a sucker for 5 guys burgers and there's one at the end of the street.

Thanks everyone! Hey... anyone know the estimated cost of a taxi from South Beach to the port? And about how long it takes?

I think it's a flat rate from the airport to SB of about $32. Just wondering about taxi from SB to the port.

Archived