Running out of time for my luggage tags

THEWIFE

We are taking our first cruise on 3/29/10. I received a booklet for each of our two cabins in the mail yesterday from our TA. Each book contained 6 luggage tags - two for each person in the room. I assumed this was standard procedure, but maybe not.

Sounds totally normal. We got a "paper" package too, with luggage tags and all.

That said, the people we met at our hotel and shared a cab with to the pier got e-docs, and no luggage tags. We stood in line with them, and they just got their luggage tagged at the pier. No biggie.

MDCruiserz is correct.

Go to your reservation on Celebrity's website, if you are not signed up you can still use your booking # and info to get in to do you boarding pass, after you have done that review your reservation and it will be there and mine took a WHOLE week to get here and there were 4 for each of us with info already printed so we didn't have to do it, works good.

I was worried too because we had not done the edoc thing before, but we sail in 4 weeks and I can't wait.

I'm not worried about this, but the option many of you are reporting as being available on the left side of the "Reservation Summary" page doesn't appear on mine. (What does appear on that side is Vacation Summary, Guests & Documentation Summary, Stateroom Summary, and Main Dining Room Arrangements. I completed on-line check-in and printed out the express pass.)

First, we'll all have to get used to the e-docs as Celebrity will be going along with the other cruise lines and doing this from now on.

Second, we booked thru a TA and got our e-docs. Until we received the e-mail saying the e-docs had been forwarded we could not see the "order luggage tag" spot. After we logged in to the Celebrity site, went to "manage your reservation" we clicked on the first tab, I believe, "summary" and lo and behold there was the blue lettering saying to order luggage tags. Our entire group ordered them and had them within a few days to a week. Even if you book thru a TA you should get the tags by e-docs.

We are 2 people, got 9 tags! Never got 9 with our spirals so we're happy with the extra tags as we don't have to fly this time and I can bring my shoes:p

We wanted our luggage tags since we've seen how they did it at the ports on many cruises but from what I understand you bring your e-docs with the bar code and it makes life so much easier.

Either way your luggage should make your cabin.

Don't worry about this. Just be excited you're going on a cruise and enjoy!

Pat C

:eek: The time to leave is drawing near! I have printed out my online boarding passes, but I remain clueless as to how to get my luggage tags. Will X be mailing us some documents that will enable us to request our tags or will my travel agent handle this? This is our first cruise on X and have never had this come up before. Would appreciate any help on this!

We always pick up our tags at the port when we check in....

Can someone please explain the fascination with getting luggage tags before you leave home?

In light of plenty of advice, including my own, it is entirely a non-issue and is easily accommodated at the port but there still seems to be much consternation over it.

If you have the tags in advance, you show up at the port and give your luggage to a porter and you're on your way. If you don't have the tags in advance, you show up at the port, give your luggage and cabin information to a porter and you're on your way. What gives? :confused:

If you call X 5 times about the luggage tags you will get five different stories! People that answer the phones really just don't know. If everyone who has posted here would call the main switchboard and ask for the CEO'S office "MAYBE" we can get the right information. At least they would know people are concerned. And by the way some people just can't handle bags at the pier.

Can someone please explain the fascination with getting luggage tags before you leave home?

In light of plenty of advice, including my own, it is entirely a non-issue and is easily accommodated at the port but there still seems to be much consternation over it.

If you have the tags in advance, you show up at the port and give your luggage to a porter and you're on your way. If you don't have the tags in advance, you show up at the port, give your luggage and cabin information to a porter and you're on your way. What gives? :confused:

We agree. All you need is your express pass. Not having tags might delay your ability to get in line by ten minutes. Arriving ten minutes early would resolve that stressful delay.

I'm not worried about this, but the option many of you are reporting as being available on the left side of the "Reservation Summary" page doesn't appear on mine. (What does appear on that side is Vacation Summary, Guests & Documentation Summary, Stateroom Summary, and Main Dining Room Arrangements. I completed on-line check-in and printed out the express pass.)

When I completed our express pass, this is the image at the end of the process:

LuggageTagRequest.jpg

Is it possible that the difference is how long until the cruise? I filled out all info needed, but don't have a link for luggage tags. My cruise isn't until May, so I still have almost 8 weeks to go. Other than the express pass, there's no link to e-docs either.

Is it possible that the difference is how long until the cruise? I filled out all info needed, but don't have a link for luggage tags. My cruise isn't until May, so I still have almost 8 weeks to go. Other than the express pass, there's no link to e-docs either.

Has your cruise been paid in full?

We had our notification when edocs became available and then the link to Luggage tags appeared.

It appears that a few people are becoming worried unnecessarily. The luggage tags are readily available at the pier, so there is no need to bother ordering them in advance to bring along from home.

It takes us only a few seconds to print our stateroom number on each tag and attach it to the bag.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a ten minute delay. The only such delay we have seen is for people who choose to wait in line for a porter to fill out and attach their tags for them. If you are willing and able to do it yourself, there is no delay. As soon as we attach the tags to our bags, they are always taken right along with the bags of the people who use the pre-attached tags from home.

Even if you require the services of a porter to fill out and attach your tags for you, you may not have to wait because sometimes there is no line at all and the porters come right over to you, depending upon how busy they are at the time you arrive.

It appears that a few people are becoming worried unnecessarily. The luggage tags are readily available at the pier, so there is no need to bother ordering them in advance to bring along from home.

It takes us only a few seconds to print our stateroom number on each tag and attach it to the bag.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a ten minute delay. The only such delay we have seen is for people who choose to wait in line for a porter to fill out and attach their tags for them. If you are willing and able to do it yourself, there is no delay. As soon as we attach the tags to our bags, they are always taken right along with the bags of the people who use the pre-attached tags from home.

Even if you require the services of a porter to fill out and attach your tags for you, you may not have to wait because sometimes there is no line at all and the porters come right over to you, depending upon how busy they are at the time you arrive.

Precisely and yet it seems that those that are so worried about it are too preoccupied with ringing Celebrity's phones off the hook to answer my earlier question about why there is such fascination. :cool:

Funny I was just on the phone to ask about this, as i will be traveling the month before my sailing. Apparently the computer will generate and send out luggage tags 2 weeks prior to your sailing and CS cannot generate them prior to that so mine will be arriving and held at the Post office for when i get back i guess. too bad since I will be getting home to a reminder of cruise past....

still 2 weeks seems to cut it a little close and forget it if your doing a land trip before your cruise! not a good policy whats the difference if they send out on demand?

Our cruise is 4/25/10. On March 8th I emailed Celebrity (There is a place on their Web-site after getting Xpress pass) for luggage tags for the cruise.

I got them yesterday March 12th!!!

I just checked on the Celebrity website - if you go to your reservation summary (login, select "manage my reservation", select "reservation summary" tab), there's an option halfway down the left side to "request luggage tags".quote]

We booked our April 25, 2010 cruise through a TA. I was still able to request luggage tags from Celebrity's website today.

Maddycat, if you are on the Solstice on 4/25..here is the link for the roll-call for that cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1044560&page=5

Come join us!:)

Got the complete 411 on luggage tags. I kept looking for this "mysterious" tab to click on my reservation screen but it has been no where to be found. Taking Eclipse cruise in June 2010. Everything was completely paid for several months ago. Printed express passes last week. Still no luggage tags. I called celebrity today and even though I have the express passes the trip does not become complete until 49 days prior to cruising and at that point the tags will be issued. Is this everyone else's experience who have seen this tab to hit on their reservation screen? Anyone got their tags more than 49 days out prior to sailing or seen the screen tab to hit?

TD

Archived