Running out of time for my luggage tags

THEWIFE

:eek: The time to leave is drawing near! I have printed out my online boarding passes, but I remain clueless as to how to get my luggage tags. Will X be mailing us some documents that will enable us to request our tags or will my travel agent handle this? This is our first cruise on X and have never had this come up before. Would appreciate any help on this!

When is your cruise? Depending on how the reservation was set up, some cruise lines will only send e-docs. Ask your TA if she requested "hard copies" of the documents. I once had no choice on a last minute cruise but to get e-docs. But I pressed my TA to get real luggage tags and they were expressed to me over night.

At worst, you can get luggage tags at the pier when you go to check in your luggage. But I prefer to have my real tags filled out in advance.

My cruise is in five weeks. I believe my T/A will be receiving the hard copies you spoke of. Will she give the tags to me or will I have to go online after I get the hard copies?

Thanks for your help.

We have been on several cruises where we did not have tags. The porters will give you tags to attach to your bags. They will be flimsy so I suggest putting two on each bag. We waited several extra hours because a tag came off one bag.

My cruise is in five weeks. I believe my T/A will be receiving the hard copies you spoke of. Will she give the tags to me or will I have to go online after I get the hard copies?

Thanks for your help.

If you have done your Express Pass there is a place apparently that asks if you want the tags if you tick it off they will be sent directly to your home.

I'm surprised that your TA is getting the hard copy as Celebrity does everything by E docs now. Not to worry anyway we went on one cruise actually to the Med. & the tags were gone from the luggage when we arrived & they gave them to us at the port. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for your replies. When I did the Express docs, I made it a point to look for this place where you can request luggage tags. It is a very secret place . . . so secret, in fact, that I couldn't find it! Well, I guess at the worst, I'll let my agent worry about it. She's actually very reliable. I just find this whole luggage tag thing ridiculous. Why don't they just send everyone the tags as a matter of course??? :confused:

Thanks for your replies. When I did the Express docs, I made it a point to look for this place where you can request luggage tags. It is a very secret place . . . so secret, in fact, that I couldn't find it! Well, I guess at the worst, I'll let my agent worry about it. She's actually very reliable. I just find this whole luggage tag thing ridiculous. Why don't they just send everyone the tags as a matter of course??? :confused:

They don't send any of this stuff anymore because it costs $$$$$. If you don't get them, or can't find them on line, there'll be porters at the dock when you arrive and they'll have them to attach.

Funny I was just on the phone to ask about this, as i will be traveling the month before my sailing. Apparently the computer will generate and send out luggage tags 2 weeks prior to your sailing and CS cannot generate them prior to that so mine will be arriving and held at the Post office for when i get back i guess. too bad since I will be getting home to a reminder of cruise past....

still 2 weeks seems to cut it a little close and forget it if your doing a land trip before your cruise! not a good policy whats the difference if they send out on demand?

I just checked on the Celebrity website - if you go to your reservation summary (login, select "manage my reservation", select "reservation summary" tab), there's an option halfway down the left side to "request luggage tags". At least it is on my summary. I requested luggage tags a couple of weeks ago & they only took a few days to arrive.

Good luck & happy cruising.

I am not sure that Celebrity will ONLY send e-docs. I got a full package of documents including luggage tags about 4 weeks before my previous Equinox cruise. That was before the first of the year and maybe they changed things.

Here's what Celebrity says about luggage tags.

At Celebrity, we make your embarkation experience even more enjoyable by tending to the details ahead of time. This includes providing qualified guests with their personalized ship luggage tags weeks before their cruise. Each Luggage Tag Mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment. Simply attach your luggage tags to the appropriate luggage items prior to your arrival, and we'll whisk them to your stateroom upon embarkation.

For full details read this:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000Yr2JgW64kj3eiAyS_oHwsVi:12hdbcveb;jsessionid=0000t_c3PQWEJsHQcu-fbAPZM-X:12hdbcveb?pagename=luggage_tag_information&cS=SIDENAV

I couldn't find the mysterious tab to tick for luggage tags either, so I phoned =X=, and the very personable woman said that if the reservation is through a TA, the tags are sent to the TA, who sends them on to you. Seems a bit cumbersome.

I followed MDCruiserz directions below (thanks MDC), and found a blank space on the left-hand side of the screen where the "Request Luggage Tags" option probably would be if I'd booked directly with =X=. I'll phone our TA in a few days and see what's up.

Betsy

Took all of your suggestions, and if that luggage tag option is there, I must be blind. I absolutely do not see anyplace on there to request luggage tags. In spite of X, I will not worry about this. I will simply never let go of any of our baggage and they will have to haul my husband, myself and our suitcases up to our stateroom in one fell swoop :D!

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Took all of your suggestions, and if that luggage tag option is there, I must be blind. I absolutely do not see anyplace on there to request luggage tags. In spite of X, I will not worry about this. I will simply never let go of any of our baggage and they will have to haul my husband, myself and our suitcases up to our stateroom in one fell swoop :D!

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Even though you say you're not, you are worrying way too much about this.

When you get to the port, the porters will have luggage tags by the hundreds. Give them your stateroom information and they will fill out and put your luggage tags on your luggage.

Enjoy your cruise, including the time leading up to it, and stop worrying. :)

I am not sure that Celebrity will ONLY send e-docs. I got a full package of documents including luggage tags about 4 weeks before my previous Equinox cruise. That was before the first of the year and maybe they changed things.

Here's what Celebrity says about luggage tags.

At Celebrity, we make your embarkation experience even more enjoyable by tending to the details ahead of time. This includes providing qualified guests with their personalized ship luggage tags weeks before their cruise. Each Luggage Tag Mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment. Simply attach your luggage tags to the appropriate luggage items prior to your arrival, and we'll whisk them to your stateroom upon embarkation.

For full details read this:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000Yr2JgW64kj3eiAyS_oHwsVi:12hdbcveb;jsessionid=0000t_c3PQWEJsHQcu-fbAPZM-X:12hdbcveb?pagename=luggage_tag_information&cS=SIDENAV

We also received a full package including luggage tags from our TA. I think Celebrity should have it one way or the other....this is getting way too confusing for people. :eek:

We have not had luggage tags before leaving home on our last five Celebrity cruises.

Last June we used the Celebrity transfer from the airport to the ship. People using the Celebrity transfer were gathered in a group inside the airport, and Luggage tags were handed out at the waiting area . That way the tag is on your bag before it is loaded on the bus.

If you are not using Celebrity's transportation, but arriving on foot or by cab there will be tags everywhere at the port. Things are not so hectic there that you will not have time to put your information including cabin # on a tag, and attach it to your suitcase.

I suspect there are more problems with baggage being delivered to the wrong cabin. It has happened to us before(not on Celebrity), but fortunately we spotted our suitcase when we walked by it in the hall.

We are on the April 11th Infinity sailing and we received our full documents including luggage tags directly from Celebrity last week (we have a travel agent and they didn't come through her). Seems like they have several different processes going on at the same time.

We booked our Infinity March 28 cruise through a TA on Tuesday, printed the xpress pass yesterday, received our eDocs this morning, together with this message:

ONLINE CHECK-IN

To expedite the boarding process, please ensure that you have completed your online check-in no less that 4 days prior to your sailing. There you will be asked to complete your immigration and embarkation forms, accept the Cruise Ticket Contract, and set up your onboard expense account. Also, please print your Xpress Pass which will be collected during ship check-in formalities. For your convenience, a link to online check-in is shown below.

SHIP LUGGAGE TAGS

If you enter the online check-in section at least 14 days prior to your sailing date, you may also request that we mail you your personalized ship luggage tags before you leave home. Otherwise, you will receive your ship luggage tags from our porters at the pier.

:eek: The time to leave is drawing near! I have printed out my online boarding passes, but I remain clueless as to how to get my luggage tags. Will X be mailing us some documents that will enable us to request our tags or will my travel agent handle this? This is our first cruise on X and have never had this come up before. Would appreciate any help on this!

Do not panic! You can get luggage tags at the pier...no problem at all! The porter will help you fill them out and he will attach them to your luggage and make sure it's in the right place. No problem at all. You're on vacation: no problems!

Virginia

Guest maddycat
I just checked on the Celebrity website - if you go to your reservation summary (login, select "manage my reservation", select "reservation summary" tab), there's an option halfway down the left side to "request luggage tags".quote]

We booked our April 25, 2010 cruise through a TA. I was still able to request luggage tags from Celebrity's website today.

I just checked on the Celebrity website - if you go to your reservation summary (login, select "manage my reservation", select "reservation summary" tab), there's an option halfway down the left side to "request luggage tags". At least it is on my summary. I requested luggage tags a couple of weeks ago & they only took a few days to arrive.

Good luck & happy cruising.

I did the same and I still havent got mine... this was the first time I have used this option actually the first time I have seen this option...

I couldn't find the mysterious tab to tick for luggage tags either, so I phoned =X=, and the very personable woman said that if the reservation is through a TA, the tags are sent to the TA, who sends them on to you. Seems a bit cumbersome.

I followed MDCruiserz directions below (thanks MDC), and found a blank space on the left-hand side of the screen where the "Request Luggage Tags" option probably would be if I'd booked directly with =X=. I'll phone our TA in a few days and see what's up.

Betsy

Our TA said to go through My Reservations. Still looking for luggage tags link!:eek:

We are taking our first cruise on 3/29/10. I received a booklet for each of our two cabins in the mail yesterday from our TA. Each book contained 6 luggage tags - two for each person in the room. I assumed this was standard procedure, but maybe not.

Archived