Where is a must eat place in Seattle?

anamanxs

I second the suggestion for Rays Boathouse. If you go half a mile farther north on Seaview, you will run into Golden Gardens, one of the few actual sand beaches we have in seattle.

Rays has great food and a killer view. It is a bit pricey. In the upstairs is Ray's Cafe, which has the same great view but a casual atmosphere & reasonable prices.

I need a little help. My husband and I were in Seattle 2 years ago and noticed a restaurant really close to the aquarium. I think it has been featured on "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives". Can someone give me the name of the restaurant and is it really good? Also, we ate at Ruth Chris's Steakhouse (dissapointed in this) where we also saw a Cheesecake Factory. What hotel is in that area? Thanks for your information.

Are you looking for a dessert place too? Oh please don't come to seattle & eat at the Cheesecake Factory! There are so many wonderful places for dessert here. B&O Espresso is an icon, (corner of Belmont & Olive hence the name) great desserts. http://www.b-oespresso.com/ Was suggesting the Dilettante, but they closed. Another decent choice is Simply Desserts in fremont.

The B&O also serves meals and brunch now.

tink360, I will not be eating at the Cheesecake Factory while on vacation. just remember seeing it when we went to the Ruth Chris Steakhouse. I was wondering if there was a hotel in that area.

Very good! If it is the steakhouse at 7th & pine, yes there are lots of hotels in that area.

I like the Fisherman if you go on a warm sunny day and sit outside on the deck. The food is ok but the view/ambience there is wonderful! I'd recommend a bucket of steamer clams and a local brew.

I agree--the food is decent, the view is fabulous. If crab is in season, they do that pretty well, too.

We will be in Seattle from May 8th to the 11th before we cruise to ALASKA and wondered where the must eat places are. We have all the sites planed so now is the food part. We are staying at the Quality Suites on John St., but will be visiting the Zoo, The market, and Space Needle, getting the City Pass. And ideas would be appreciated. (4 adults and a Toddler). :D

My DH and I were in Seattle for a few days last month. We decided on the Crab Pot. This is a fun place where turn your steamer bucket of food onto the table and you go at it. Expect to get messy - the kids will have a great time! We chose buckets that included Snow, Dunganous and King crab, Clams, Mussels, Sausage, and of course came with corn on the cob and red potatoes. It was all good - nothing gourment - and more food than we could eat. We had a couple of beers each and our total bill was less than $75.

We also ate at the Space Needle to celebrate our anniversary. Wow! The restaurant makes a full revolution every 45 minutes. The views were amazing, as was the food and service. Absolutely something everyone should do at least once in their life. A word of warning - it was the most expensive meal we have ever had - but would not have traded the experience for anything!

Have a great time!

Suzi

PS We took the Duck Tour also - what a hoot that was!

We did the tourist thing and ate lunch in the Space Needle. The price of the meal included our tickets to the top and with reservation we had minimal wait. Otherwise it would have been hours in line. Once we backed out the price of the ticket ($17adult) the meal itself wasn't outrageously expensive.

http://www.spaceneedle.com/visit/tickets.html

http://www.spaceneedle.com/restaurant/

Lunch minimum is $25pp after you back out the cost of the ticket, lunch is only $8 more. YMMV

Try Pallisade at the foot of Magnolia Bluff. It's about a five-ten minute drive north and west from downtown - but just call them, and they'll send a complimentary town car to any downtown hotel. We've lived here 30 years, and it's by far our favorite seafood place. Sits right on the water, in a marina for pleasure craft. Gorgeous views.

http://www.palisaderestaurant.com/page/home

yogi: I was thinking that about the space needle... how far in advance did you make your reservations???

Also anyone.. know if our flight gets in at 11 am our hotel is a couple blocks from the Space Needle... Is a 1pm lunch doable... at the needle??? i understand lunch is done at 2

thanks for your help

Archived