DREAM-stuck between a rock and a hard place

Meredisney

Please help me determine what room I should pick. Currently I ambooked in room 9201 on the Carnival Dream. After reading several reviews and also posting on the Carnival thread, Im seriously having second thoughts about this room due to the ship rocking. As I mentioned in a previous post, I could care less about the noise factor.

I booked this room because of the price and to get the window. I don't mind an obstruction, put perfer to have some sunlight vs. none at all like in an inside stateroom.

I don't really want to spend that much more money and I saw that there are some other obstructed cabins on the 6th and 7th deck, but they are also foward facing. Is the rocking just as bad on these lower decks? Should I just give in and get an inside cabin?

I should mention that although I do not get seasick, I always take dramamine when sailing. I have been seasick once before on a small boat (not a cruise) in key west but I did not take dramamine. Is the rocking in the foward of the ship so bad that even the dramamine will not work?

Im sorry I have so many questions but I really need advice. Im just sitting here infront of my computer totally on the fence about what to do with my current reservation.....

If seas are calm, you won't have "rocking" anywhere.....and you aren't going to be in that cabin except at night, right?

Any obstruction won't "block out" the light, and that's what an OV cabin gives you---light!

I don't think you have anything to worry about!

I think you may have picked an unusual cabin with a forward facing window

being high enough that the window may offer some view and not just light.

The room is almost square in design, which may make it interesting. If the seas kick up, you may get some pitch (up and down movement) but little

in the way of rocking (back and forth) I love the feel of pitch when it does occur-reminds me that I am on the ocean and not in a hotel. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived