Hot Tub Temperature?

Well last year I was on Freedom ,I have high blood pressure , and the tubs were so hot I didn't even sit down , I don't stay more then five minutes , but onboard not even 1 .

Blood pressure like pregnancy is a condition worth checking with a doctor about regarding doing a lot of things. If your blood pressure is not dangerously high at the time you enter a hot tub, most people's BP goes down while using the tub as blood vessels tend to relax.

The hot tub in the Solarium on the Freedom last week was HOT!!!

We were guessing it to be way over 100 degrees. We were comparing it to ours at home which is comfortable at around 98 - 100.

It was way too hot to stay in it, we felt like we were in a boiling pot.

This was a port day and there was only 1 other person in the hot tub at the time. Throughout the week, the hot tubs was usually full of people that seem to be enjoying and not having a problem with the temperature.

We didn't try it again so I don't know if this was normal temperature or not.

On our VOS cruise in Jan i went in the hot tub. I do like hot water but oh my it was hot. I was told it is 105 F to kill germs. I had to sit on the side from time to time. I asked a cruiser are all the hot tubs this temp and she said yes. The rest of the cruise i chose not to go in . That was a bit hot for me.:eek:

Interesting, I never found one that hot on Voyager, but I was on it 5 years ago. FYI, home hot tubs and those in public facilities in the US are limited to 104F, though most controllers are =/- 1 degree.

The hot tub in the Solarium on the Freedom last week was HOT!!!

We were guessing it to be way over 100 degrees. We were comparing it to ours at home which is comfortable at around 98 - 100. .

Just curious, was this an interior tub, of which there are 2, or one of the cantilevered ones? My experience was the cantilevered ones were the most consistent on the ship, usually around 101, which for you would be way too hot, but by most standards just about right ;)

My Doctor does not recommend using public hot tubs. Hot tubs have to be very hot to be germ free.

We have one at home that is used all year round. The temperature is usually 102-103 which is ideal. It is outdoors with a canapy over it.

My husband has high blood pressure, but the Doctor said he can also use, your blood pressure is only raised temporarily.

Just curious, was this an interior tub, of which there are 2, or one of the cantilevered ones? My experience was the cantilevered ones were the most consistent on the ship, usually around 101, which for you would be way too hot, but by most standards just about right ;)

It was the cantilevered ones in the Solarium.

I really believe they were a lot hotter than 100. It felt like it was burning your skin when you stepped in. I am very familiar with hot tubs. Our hot tub at home is made into our in-ground pool and does not have a maximum heat setting as mentioned by another poster. It gets as hot as we want to crank the gas pool heater up to and we have had it cranked pretty high before. This one was way hotter than we could stand.:eek:

My Doctor does not recommend using public hot tubs. Hot tubs have to be very hot to be germ free.

That would be 210 degrees. Hot tubs generally have a higher sanitizer level, be it chlorine, bromine, or other than swimming pools.

• 5 months later...

It was awhile back that I posted this, but I want to resurrect it in case anybody has any new info. I actually succeeded in getting pregnant (the first month we tried!) and will be about 19 weeks by the time the cruise rolls around. My midwife thinks it will be a great time to cruise and that all should be well. So, anybody have any recent experience with hot tub temps on Freedom? We're going to buy a water thermometer and take it with us to scope out any that might have hope for us using :-)

It was awhile back that I posted this, but I want to resurrect it in case anybody has any new info. I actually succeeded in getting pregnant (the first month we tried!) and will be about 19 weeks by the time the cruise rolls around. My midwife thinks it will be a great time to cruise and that all should be well. So, anybody have any recent experience with hot tub temps on Freedom? We're going to buy a water thermometer and take it with us to scope out any that might have hope for us using :-)

Congratulations!

I would avoid a public hot tub not only because of the temperature, but because of the "human soup" factor.

Sort of like not cleaning the cat's litter box while pregnant.

There are some things that you just don't want to be exposed to, regardless of the temperature!

Archived