rhapsody of the seas 04apr2011

hi guys iv got a booking for a really really cheap fare on the Rhapsody of the Seas but the only catch is that its on deck 2!!!! can anyone please tell me from previous experience if it is really as low as it sounds, never been quite so far down but it is an exreamly good price , we really dont spend much time in our cabin only for sleeping but just a little worried about the family getting sea sick so far down, and info would be appreciated thanks ;)

Nah, it's the same as any other bottom passenger deck on any other line pretty much. Just think all the crew and stuff are further down again. You will actually be less sea sick as the top is more prone to that :)

The only thing I can possibly think of is that if you are at the back and bottom its possible you may get slight engine noise/vibration. Never been there so can't confirm anything but just thinking of anything at all that could possibly be a bother :P

thanks for that , we are actually in the middle of the ship! i guess engine noise is definately a possibility but in saying that i was in the navy for 10 years and have slept through engine noise before lol ;) cant wait, what a beautiful ship she is!!!! :D

well iv booked and im in 2153 so very similar position to you aussiedisneyfan!! so excited, iv always wanted to cruise on this ship since the charity one night cruise we went on april last year!!:D:D:D

Hi we have booked this cruise too, we are in cabine 2565, got a good deal too, I must be going blind but I don't seem to be able to find 2153. There is a roll call for this cruise. First time for us on this ship, thought we would give another company a try, was not that happy with P&O on our last cruise. Really excited bout going on another cruise.

well iv booked and im in 2153 so very similar position to you aussiedisneyfan!! so excited, iv always wanted to cruise on this ship since the charity one night cruise we went on april last year!!:D:D:D

Hi ,

we sailed on Rhapsody in december ....doesnt matter what deck your on its a fabulous ship.....ONE GOOD TIP ITS USD ONBOARD SO PURCHASE YOUR SPENDING MONEY WHILE OUR $ IS HIGH ..take it onboard as cash...as the RCI converstion rate differs daily and is not linked to our SE rate.eg: on our cruise on ROS in 2008 the daily rate dropped to 0.51 and a lot of people who were settle with credit card at the end got stung.if you take US cash onboard the exchange rate doesnt affect you.

Its a good cruise ...have fun

Col:)

Another good tip is Don't opt for pre-paid gratuities. Pre-paid means you pay the gratuities with your final fare payment.

Gratuities are in US$ and are set at US$9.75 per person per day. Trouble is if you pre-pay the gratuities then RCCL will charge you A$15.40 per person per day. This is because RCCL are using an exchange rate of .63 cents in the dollar when they calculate the gratuities. So opt to pay on-board :)

We were down on Deck 3 in 3092 last year for 5 weeks. We loved it so much, we booked the same cabin for our upcoming cruise (the one after yours :D).

There was no noise or any vibration. It was the most quiet cabin we have ever been in, even though we were right near the lifts.

I can't find cabin 2153 either??:p

Hi ,

we sailed on Rhapsody in december ....doesnt matter what deck your on its a fabulous ship.....ONE GOOD TIP ITS USD ONBOARD SO PURCHASE YOUR SPENDING MONEY WHILE OUR $ IS HIGH ..take it onboard as cash...as the RCI converstion rate differs daily and is not linked to our SE rate.eg: on our cruise on ROS in 2008 the daily rate dropped to 0.51 and a lot of people who were settle with credit card at the end got stung.if you take US cash onboard the exchange rate doesnt affect you.

Its a good cruise ...have fun

Col:)

Thanks for that saving money now to exchange and will take cash onboard.

We were down on Deck 3 in 3092 last year for 5 weeks. We loved it so much, we booked the same cabin for our upcoming cruise (the one after yours :D).

There was no noise or any vibration. It was the most quiet cabin we have ever been in, even though we were right near the lifts.

I can't find cabin 2153 either??:p

You are going on the cruise I would love to go on, but due to husbands business unable to take too much time off enjoy it

Archived