P & O 2011 cruises

Galaxy

I've read on two separate forums it was 18th April last year.

However no preview this year, and the sources say this is due to possible changes...

We can only hope...

Possible changes/ 'hope'

What do you want then?

I think you know what Sue :). If P&O want my custom and that if the thousands of other homeless uk cruisers.

If I was a betting man I'd say oceana to be based out of Heraklion offering fly cruises to east med Turkey/Greece/Cyprus/Egypt - similar to what ov did.

Carnival uk/p&o have already got the local arrangements, it's too far for most itineraries from Southampton. Heraklion airport is too small to handle Ventura.

What I'm less sure off is if they will relax the formal nights on the oceana/Ventura.

Personally I'd like on Ventura/oceana that formal nights are strict in the mdr and a couple of bars with the main show lounges and buffet with no restrictions.

Eclipse cruises have already been posted on the Celebrity thread. A TA has listed them early, booking opens at the end of the week a poster says. Once again P&O is last in the queue.

Eclipse is doing four 16 night Venice cruise, due to the demand for this years two cruises to Venice. No Canaries cruise, and a different Med route.

At first look, an interesting mix of itineraries. I can see that Oriana & Aurora, and to some extent Arcadia, are more and more deployed on 'odd length' cruises. This obviously plays to their major passenger demographic, retired people, who are much less concerned about cruises lasting more than 14 nights, or starting & finishing during the week. On the subject of Arcadia, does anyone know what J103 will be? - there's a very big hole from mid-April to late(ish) June for that to fit into.

Oceana & Ventura are doing the bread and butter cruises: mostly 7 or 14-nights, mostly Iberian coast/Fjords/Med. I also see that they've started varying the Med itineraries for these two ships: this year each of them is doing a single itinerary and repeating it during the summer, next year each successive Med cruise is a bit different. Azura seems to be doing a lot of those 16 night Central med cruises again. At first sight, I can't see very many Baltic cruises.

All in all, to me these 2011 itineraries look more varied and interesting than this year's.

At first look, an interesting mix of itineraries. I can see that Oriana & Aurora, and to some extent Arcadia, are more and more deployed on 'odd length' cruises. This obviously plays to their major passenger demographic, retired people, who are much less concerned about cruises lasting more than 14 nights, or starting & finishing during the week. On the subject of Arcadia, does anyone know what J103 will be? - there's a very big hole from mid-April to late(ish) June for that to fit into.

Oceana & Ventura are doing the bread and butter cruises: mostly 7 or 14-nights, mostly Iberian coast/Fjords/Med. I also see that they've started varying the Med itineraries for these two ships: this year each of them is doing a single itinerary and repeating it during the summer, next year each successive Med cruise is a bit different. Azura seems to be doing a lot of those 16 night Central med cruises again. At first sight, I can't see very many Baltic cruises.

All in all, to me these 2011 itineraries look more varied and interesting than this year's.

Not had a chance to look yet, but I did think this years itineraries were particularly uninspiring with those repeating cruises so its good to hear its a bit more varied for next year.

- pity about Azura - I've done the 16 days to Venice for the last 2 years:).

If only we could decide what to do THIS year:p

http://www.pocruises.com/SearchPage/2011cruises/?departureMonths=201105,201106,201107 is the best way to see them..

and on-sale dates:

This cruise is part of our new 2011 brochure on sale from Tuesday 27th April.

Booking dates by month of departure:

- Tuesday 27th April - All Mar, Apr and May 2011 departures

- Wednesday 28th April - All Jun, Jul and Aug 2011 departures

- Thursday 29th April - All Septe, Oct and Nov 2011 departures

- Friday 30th April - All Dec 2011 & Jan to Apr 2012 departures

The Cunard cruises for 2011 are out but not yet officially:confused: so would imagine the P & O to be not too far away not officially :) :).

P&O, Cunard and Princess are all out today. Details and prices on many websites. Bookings open last week in April.

Brain

http://www.pocruises.com/SearchPage/2011cruises/?departureMonths=201105,201106,201107 is the best way to see them..

and on-sale dates:

This cruise is part of our new 2011 brochure on sale from Tuesday 27th April.

Booking dates by month of departure:

- Tuesday 27th April - All Mar, Apr and May 2011 departures

- Wednesday 28th April - All Jun, Jul and Aug 2011 departures

- Thursday 29th April - All Septe, Oct and Nov 2011 departures

- Friday 30th April - All Dec 2011 & Jan to Apr 2012 departures

I only get cruises up to 31 July and no fly cruises are there some later in the year?

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I only get cruises up to 31 July and no fly cruises are there some later in the year?

Dai

Found them under cumbria.......

Seems sensible to have fly cruise at this time of year over the winter, small ship and can visit smaller ports in eastern Med.

Dai

Dai

The search engine is really slow with more, but you can also just change the months, this is Aug - Nov http://www.pocruises.com/SearchPage/2011cruises/?departureMonths=201108,201109,201110,201111

The search engine is really slow with more, but you can also just change the months, this is Aug - Nov http://www.pocruises.com/SearchPage/2011cruises/?departureMonths=201108,201109,201110,201111

Thanks,

I got them from an email from a cruise club it was from a north west county famous for its lakes. I do not think we are supposed to give out the names.

Dai

Possible changes/ 'hope'

What do you want then?

Hi my name is sue and have a cruise booked on the Azura hope you dont mind me asking but where and when is the azura naming ceromony ? I would love to be there to see that any info please on what it entails if you have been to one before thanks in advance sue

Sue

The naming Ceremony is on Saturday April 10th in Southampton at berth Ocean Terminal. Darcey Bussell is the Godmother and will be cracking the champagne around 8pm. I'm onboard and will hopefully be able to take some photos.

Obviously its by invite only, which went out last month, but you

may be able to see somefireworks or something from land. When Ventura had her naming ceremony there was live-link footage on the internet and I remember watching it, so I expect the same will happen on Azura.

Archived