Explorer of the Seas

My mom recently had an OV on deck 2 and when I visited I really like the cabin. Window/porthole was very large and allowed in a lot of natural light. Convenient to getting on and off the ship and it was neat to be that close to the water imo. Made me consider one for our next cruise. Enjoy!

I had deck 2 OV on the Freedom, and the view from below is not as great as up higher. However, the room was fine for the price paid. We had

a group of 10, so we went with the lower cost room.

On Liberty I had deck 9 Balcony and the view was fabulous!

We usually do balconys also but for the same reason as you took an oceanview on deck 2. When we walked in the room we both looked at each other and said "what have we done" and immediately went to try and upgrade to a balcony but none were available. We knew we just had to make the best of it BUT THAT CRUISE ENDED UP BEING ONE OF OUR FAVORITES! The shows, food, entertainment in the lounges were wonderful and we were out until 1:00 am every night partying. After the initial shock the room was fine and we would do it again for the right price. Go and have a blast!

We had only paid for an upgrade from a deck 2 ocean view on the EOS to an E2 balcony within the last 10 days since we had never been on that low a deck before and felt given the cabin location we would not be happy. Just yesterday the price dropped to a point that is now lower that what we were originally paying for the ocean view! Glad we did the upgrade and now we are benefitting from the lower balcony cabin price.

Just go with the cabin level and deck that you know you will be happy with. If it doesn't feel right, go with your gut.

MARAPRINCE

I just returned from a back to back cruise on the Explorer, and had to move from my balcony cabin on deck 7 to a midship cabin on deck 2 for the second cruise, as I had booked the second cruise late and had to take a guarantee.

The cabin on deck 2 was near the aft elevator, and the location was very good. I had never been in an outside cabin on the EX before, and was surprised that the beds were placed in front of the large round window, with the head board against the window. I didn't like that and had the cabin attendent seperate the beds, so I could sit on the bed and look out the window. It aso made the cabin much roomier. I missed the balcony, of course, but the cabin was fine as I sailed solo.

Make sure that you pick an aft to midship cabin on deck 2 or 3, as you can't cut across on these 2 decks. The lower level of the dining room is on deck 3 aft, and if your cabin is forward of studio B you have to go up to deck 4, walk to the aft and go down one deck.

Ginnie

Archived