Combo Credits -Any INfO

zaby

We are on the Sept 22 Cruise from Istanbul to Monte Carlo (10 days) and Regent is giving us an offer to stay on for another 7 days. Does anyone have any info about "combo credits" - a Regent manager mentioned this but didn't know how much it was. Also when I asked if we could then make another set of reservations for the better restaurants since we had two cruises - they said NO - any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

I am assuming that "combo credits" are a combination of OBC's (on board credits) provided by both your TA (travel agent) and Regent. OBC's from your TA can be redeemed for cash when you are on board. OBC from Regent must be used during your cruise or they will be lost.

When you say that you have two cruises, do you mean that they are back to back cruises?

There are a couple of different ways that cruise combination is listed -- 17 days from Istanbul to Rome, or 10 days from Istanbul to Monte Carlo and 7 says from Monte Carlo to Rome.

My guess (and strictly a guess) is that "combo credits" would be the discount for combining the 2 cruises into a back-2-back. In that case, however, it would normally be considered 2 separate cruises. I'm confused by the term "combo" credits, which would imply 2 cruises, and yet not allowing the extra reservations.

If you're interested in adding the other leg, try negotiating the restaurant reservations -- or just wait until you're on board, and play dumb... ;)

Typically if you are booking B2B segments, you can pre-book one dinner reservation, per person, per segement. So if you're doing two segments, you should get to make a reservation in Signatures and Prime Seven in each segment.

I am not familiar with Combo credits but it sounds like a B2B. I've never had trouble pre-booking both Signatures and Prime 7 once each segment. Depending upon how full the ship is, I've been able to eat more than once subject to availability (you won't know this until you're onboard). Perhaps your TA is not familiar with Regent and their policy. Maybe you could better explain what you mean by combo credit?

I can't conceive that you will have difficulty obtaining your desired dinner reservations for the two segments, though it doesn't hurt to "negotiate" them if possible. Regarding the "combo credits"--I've never heard that term before either--my understanding is that combining segments usually results in at least a 5-percent saving over what the individual cruise fares would be.

For our transatlantic coming up next week we are on a B2B in effect although it was marketed as a single cruise as well as two separate cruises. When we opened our dinner reservation box, it allowed 4 bookings/2 per restaurant for the two of us, sharing a suite.

I was also given an "offer" by Regent to extend our August 12 days Mariner cruise for 7 more days at a discounted price. At the same time, they added the same offer in their website as a 19 days cruise. Initially I thought their offer to me was better, but it was no different than the one in the website. The per diem of the 19 days cruise is lower than the per diem of the 12 days cruise and of the 7 days cruise.

Archived