Carnival Celebration

arush5268d

This has been a good blog. Thanks to the op for posting it. I have enjoyed hearing the memories as well as the pictures. Definitely brought back memories.:)

Thanks! I'm glad we have a thread that has absolutely no bickering...only good memories of fun times far past.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I found a couple of pictures I took on board the Celebration. I'll have to scan them in when this evening, but the two that stood out the most were the kiddie pool and main pool during our sea day with 12-foot swells. The people in the pool looked like they were having a really great time. :D

She was supposed to be my first cruise on June 24, 1995. The week before leaving, I was watching "Good Morning America" when I saw a somewhat burned ship on TV...it was the Celebration! The ship had an electrical fire, and the Ecstasy picked up the Celebration pax. Our cruise was obviously cancelled. The Imagination was scheduled for her inaugural voyage on 7/8/95. Carnival sent it out a week early, so all Celebration cruisers on the 7/1 cruise were moved to the Imagination. Since the Imagination was a bigger ship, they had room for some of the 6/24 pax. We were three 18-year-olds with limited responsibility, so we were able to adjust our schedule and get on the 7/1 sailing (yes, this was before they changed the age rules with regard to sailing and drinking). I did get on the Celebration in March of 96 when I went on a cruise with 19 sorority sisters!

Archived