First time cruiser questions

booboo0530

Ok soo my first cruise is coming up on March 26! 11 more days and I am super excited!! I'm taking a 3 nighter to the bahamas :D So anyway I've got a few last minute questions. I was just wondering about how much you ending up spending all together on your cruise and on shore? Is there anything you recommend I bring or just recommend in general? Like I said this is my first so I'm new to all of this! So anything at all helps! Thanks ahead of time!

P.S. Im going on Monarch of the Seas with Royal Caribbean

Ok soo my first cruise is coming up on March 26! 11 more days and I am super excited!! I'm taking a 3 nighter to the bahamas :D So anyway I've got a few last minute questions. I was just wondering about how much you ending up spending all together on your cruise and on shore? Is there anything you recommend I bring or just recommend in general? Like I said this is my first so I'm new to all of this! So anything at all helps! Thanks ahead of time!

Depends on how many pictures you buy. They add up. There are photographers everywhere.

Depends on how many drinks you order from the bar.

Depends on what you order to drink at dinner. Some drinks cost $$$

Depends on if you eat at the specialty restaurants

Depends on if you buy any souvineers.

Depends on if you partake in any of the specialty services like spas..etc..

We have spent lots of money on these little extra's but someone who is disciplined (like my cousin who went on a week's cruise), bought all her excursions up front, and was very careful on board, spent less than $100.

So what I am saying it is all up to you!!!

Off the ship we used credit cards.

1st timers usually spend alot...figure on about 1/2 of what the cruise cost....as you cruise more and more, the additional expenditures will lessen!

That is only if you are a first timer who doesn't know about the good folks on CC and all the great advice they have to offer. I am soon going on my first cruise and I have learned a lot on these boards about what to expect and what not to expect. I feel confident that this first cruise is going to be a wonderful experience. Thank you to all my fellow members of Cruise Critic.

SeaLady1 I totally agree with you. I've researched so much about my cruise theres no doubt in my mind I will be ready and completly enjoy it but I don't think I could have been this prepared without cruise critic. I love this website! There are so many wonderful people on here who give wonderful tips and advice. Thanks everyone!

Bring twice as much money as you think you'll need.

Also, bring twice as much sunscreen as you think you'll need and be sure to slather it all over your exposed areas.

Bring a positive attitude, and have fun!!

I spent a lot on the inaugural cruise of the Dream. It was my first trip to Europe and the Med. I bought t-shirts that say "Dream Inaugural", I bought gifts for everyone including T-shirts at the Hard Rock Cafe and coral jewelry and glass jewelry and leather in Italy.

This next trip will be cheaper because I've already told everyone that I am not bringing souvenirs. Anything I buy will be put up and held for Christmas presents and will most likely be glass jewelry from Murano and purses from Florence. That's what everyone seems to want, so they will have to wait for their gifts. Combo: souvenir/Christmas present.

Bring twice as much money as you think you'll need.

Also, bring twice as much sunscreen as you think you'll need and be sure to slather it all over your exposed areas.

Bring a positive attitude, and have fun!!

.. and half the clothes as you think you will need.

The thing my husband and I found to be very expensive is the liquor. If you don't drink much, no worries. Good Luck and have a blast!!

Archived