Question about the Sanctuary on the Island

Sox Fan Cruiser

I love that the Sanctuary on the Island Princess is at the back of the ship. Does anyone have any pictures of that? We love to sit at the back of the ship and watch the wake and doing it in the Sanctuary would be be spectacular. Do you see the wake from that part of the ship? Is it open air or covered like the grand class ships.

If someone gives me the answer I'm looking for, I'm booking a cruise immediately. (and don't worry, if it's not the "right" answer, I'm sure I'm booking it anyway!!) :D

I love that the Sanctuary on the Island Princess is at the back of the ship. Does anyone have any pictures of that? We love to sit at the back of the ship and watch the wake and doing it in the Sanctuary would be be spectacular. Do you see the wake from that part of the ship? Is it open air or covered like the grand class ships.

If someone gives me the answer I'm looking for, I'm booking a cruise immediately. (and don't worry, if it's not the "right" answer, I'm sure I'm booking it anyway!!) :D

Covered - so start booking!

cp_sanctuary.jpg

cp_sanctuary.jpg

Billet. Thanks for that info. We will be on Island in August. Is the Sanctuary free or are reservations needed, if so can they be done before hand. Thanks.

cp_sanctuary.jpg

This is NOT a picture of the Sanctuary on the Island and the Coral. There are 2 floors of Sanctuary loungers on those ships. One floor is totally covered by a permanent roof except for the loungers right at the aft railing. The second floor is uncovered except for 4 (on the Island and 2 on the Coral) cabanas that have 2 loungers in each. You can hear the wake better on the first floor but the cabanas are really cool.

You can only reserve the Sanctuary on the ship. It's $15/pp/day if you book the whole cruise. $10/pp/half day and $20/pp/full day if you book by the day.

People on here report that the Island, unlike all of the rest of the ships that have Sanctuaries, won't reserve a specific lounger for the cruise but you must choose one each day. Hope that changes by the time you board!

I just got off the Island Princess & we booked the Santuary for the entire cruise. It didn't look anything like the pictures that Billet posted. Maybe that was another princess ship but the Island Princess is spread over 2 floors. The top floor has 4 or 5 covered Cabanas & some Chaise Lounges. The bottom floor has 18 or 20 Lounges. There was a overhang that shaded a part of the bottom floor. You could see the wake and it was wonderful to have a place to relax & read.

Found 2 pictures. They're not great. The first is of the Cabana on the second floor and the second is looking down from the second floor at the edge of the first floor on Canal day. The white structure to the left is the permanent roof that covers most of the first floor.

334201778_CoralCabana.jpg.d42863c27c301194d48f297bc34275ac.jpg

2115065972_CoralSanctuary.jpg.8b1c4ee20bbdfe01a7c4050e1d147b16.jpg

Archived