Any suggestions, shore excursion pre-order problem

Buffy2323

Okay I have a problem and I'm wondering if there's any way to fix it prior to boarding. As a Christmas present I promised the entire family a trip to Atlantis on our upcoming March 29th Fascination cruise. On February 1st I ordered the trips. We have 2 cabins for 6 of us (myself, DH and DS in one cabin and My mom, dad and DD in other cabin). The excursion is for Me, DH, DD, and DS. I purchased the excursion on my reservation for the 3 of us and then went in through my mom's account and ordered the excursion for DD. There was no problem and I got the confirmation numbers.

Now for the dilemma. Apparently on February 8th someone (I'm positive it was my mother) canceled the reservation for my daughter. My mom ordered an excursion for my dad on that day and somehow canceled DD's Atlantis reservation. Somehow I missed the credit back on my credit card and now in double checking the paperwork for this cruise I noticed that DD is no longer booked. I called Carnival who gave me the number to the company that is in charge of the excursions and I called and figured out what happened. However NOW I have found out that the excursion is sold out online, grrrrrrrrrrrr, and they said there is nothing they can do!

I called my PVP and he told me that I need to just wait until I board the ship (we're doing a back to back on March 25 and March 29) and since the excursion isn't until the second part that I can work something with them while on the first leg.

Does anyone know if there is ANY way I can get this re-booked before boarding or do I have no choice but to go through the hassles of dealing with the excursion desk when I board the ship? I pre-booked for a reason and now I'm not even sure if I can get the excursion at all. I'm just fuming with my mother for canceling it and even more mad at myself for not catching the credit on my card back in February.

If we can't get the excursion while on board does anyone know if I can transfer my adult ticket to my daughter to go to Atlantis? I figure, worse case, since it was my error then I'll have to suffer the consequences and not go.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Wow - your situation is stressful!! Keep checking the Carnival site daily - people can cancel till a few days before you leave. A spot may open in the next few days. Or - call Atlantis - they sell day passes (I think) and you may be able to purchase it thru them. OR - something I did - I booked a room at the Comfort Suites (it is directly across the street from Atlantis - very, very close) Depending upon the time of year, the room costs around $125-$200. With the room, you get 4 wristbands that allow you total access to ALL of Atlantis, plus use of their towels. It comes out waaaay cheaper than booking thru Carnival. You can just hop a cab to CS - you don't even have to use the room, if you don't want to!! Just pay at front desk- they give you a room card - show it to the people at Atlantis - you get wristbands and towels. This is a great option if you have the time at Nassau. You can then cancel the other people you booked thru Carnival, and go that route.

Thanks for the idea but I had ruled that out early on. Normally I am in favor of saving money but the hassles to me outweighed the benefits of having to go check in and out of another hotel. It's why I booked early in the first place, no hassle, all taken care of before I even get on the ship. I will check back day to day to see if they reopen the excursion.

Anyone else have any tips/ideas how to resolve BEFORE I board?

Thanks!!

. I will check back day to day to see if they reopen the excursion.

That's what I would do .. we had a group of 8 in February on the Pride and couldn't decide on an excursion. When we finally decided to do Atlantis it was sold out and not available online. We checked back every day for about a week and it did open up and we were able to book - good luck!

I'm just fuming with my mother for canceling it and even more mad at myself for not catching the credit on my card back in February.

Kick yourself all you want, but cut your mom some slack. I'm sure it was an accident... ;)

I know you wrote that you don't want to get a room at the CS. I am the first to stick with Carnival excursions 95% of the time. But grabbing a cab or water taxi from the Nassau port to Paradise Island is very easy, and fast. I checked the price that Carnival is charging for the excursion, and :eek:! You could literally save at least $400 doing it on your own. The time you would spend waiting around for the excursion to get going, and wait for all to re-group for the trip back to the ship after the excursion is probably double what it would take to check into the hotel. But, as I said - I do understand where you are coming from. Keep checking for cancellations online - you will probably get lucky!

Archived