Beware of NCL it can happen to you.

fightpiter

As all of us scheduled for the Star in the next several months are aware the ship is undergoing some big changes. We were in an AB suite, 11530 to be exact. I had my TA call last week to make sure that there was not going to be any problems. After some run around she was told that all of the work would be completed by May. Yesterday she got a call from NCL and we had been downgraded to a mini suite from our AB. With 2 nearly grown teens this simply would not work for us so we inquired as to the GV or about swapping over to the Pearl. NCL's response was that the GV was already sold and that we could cancel our Star cruise and rebook at full current rate on the Pearl. We had a good rate on the Star that we had purchased several months ago so the differance was around $1700 for an AB to an AB, they would do NOTHING for us. This was for the cruise departing May 23rd, one day after the one on the Star. There were several AB's available. I seriously doubt that we will ever use NCL again. Oh and we are repeat customers. So be warned, it can happen to anyone else just as easily.

That sucks.

I have heard of similar things happening on other lines as well...it isn't right.

It sounds like your TA refused budge not NCL.

That's not necessarily accurate....

After much frustration and many emails and phone calls NCL has decided to switch us to the Pearl the next day departure for the same price. Thanks You NCL for doing the right thing!

EXCELLENT!!

I'm sorry you had to fight for it, but glad it worked out OK for you!!

:)

After much frustration and many emails and phone calls NCL has decided to switch us to the Pearl the next day departure for the same price. Thanks You NCL for doing the right thing!

Thank you for coming back and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise. To be fair to NCL I have always found head office to be excellent with customer service.

fp I am so glad this is working out to some degree. I hate you won't be at our M&G, but please sign up for the one on the Pearl. I don't know if you have ever been on the Pearl but she is a beautiful ship and a very nice crew. Be sure and go bowling onboard with your kids while it is at sea. That is a HOOT. 8-)

I'm happy it all worked out for you and NCL did the right thing. The Pearl is a great ship. Perfect ship for cruising Alaska.

Thank you for coming back and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise. To be fair to NCL I have always found head office to be excellent with customer service.

Actually they didn't cruise yet. Thats in May.

Just reporting back to let everyone know that NCL and the OP came to a satifactory resolution to her snafu in their booking.

Glad to hear NCL came to their senses. Enjoy your cruise OP.:)

Bill

I am so glad you got satisfaction. Hope the names I provided helped.

Al

To be honest I can't say whether they did or not but they were in the emails that I sent out and it surely didn't hurt. Thanks

Also, thanks to everyone who has responded with their support and their input. Thank You

As all of us scheduled for the Star in the next several months are aware the ship is undergoing some big changes. We were in an AB suite, 11530 to be exact. I had my TA call last week to make sure that there was not going to be any problems. After some run around she was told that all of the work would be completed by May. Yesterday she got a call from NCL and we had been downgraded to a mini suite from our AB. With 2 nearly grown teens this simply would not work for us so we inquired as to the GV or about swapping over to the Pearl. NCL's response was that the GV was already sold and that we could cancel our Star cruise and rebook at full current rate on the Pearl. We had a good rate on the Star that we had purchased several months ago so the differance was around $1700 for an AB to an AB, they would do NOTHING for us. This was for the cruise departing May 23rd, one day after the one on the Star. There were several AB's available. I seriously doubt that we will ever use NCL again. Oh and we are repeat customers. So be warned, it can happen to anyone else just as easily.

Yipes, your sad story really hits home to me since we're booked in that very suite on the GEM leaving NYC in a few weeks ... I'm afraid my response would be the same as yours. It's up to NCL to make this good, not just gouge you for more money. I was glad to see that they did accommodate you on the Pearl after all.

In our case, it's just the two of us so a downgrade like that would be tolerable although certainly not what we'd want. In your case it's clearly not possible.

Yipes, your sad story really hits home to me since we're booked in that very suite on the GEM leaving NYC in a few weeks ... I...

Not sure how you would be booked in the same suite. These two ships are way different.

Not sure how you would be booked in the same suite. These two ships are way different.

Gem doesn't have an 11530? (hint....it DOES!)

(which explains how Mura is booked in the 'exact same suite', even though the two suites may not be comparable)

Downgrade? Not only is that WRONG, it's bad PR.

I had a problem with NCL last year and emailed Kevin Sheehan directly and his staff was on it right away. (Forgot his email address.) The don't like bad PR.

Downgrade? Not only is that WRONG, it's bad PR.

Would you rather they kept them in their original AB under all the construction noise? :eek:

Besides this issues has gone much further with a good resolution for the OP. Try to keep up (or at least read the hole thread) rather than bashing at first blush. :(

PE

I just took the time to read this entire thread as I am booked on the Epic in August and so far I have never had a booking issue with NCL. I usually book direct and skip the TA.

My first question about your complaint is why did you neglect to tell us all who your TA is?

Apparently your TA did finally work this out. Seems to me that if the TA worked through this professionally you would have been offered a solution without all the stress.

Just another view point.

I just took the time to read this entire thread as I am booked on the Epic in August and so far I have never had a booking issue with NCL. I usually book direct and skip the TA.

My first question about your complaint is why did you neglect to tell us all who your TA is?

Apparently your TA did finally work this out. Seems to me that if the TA worked through this professionally you would have been offered a solution without all the stress.

Just another view point.

First, I didn't and don't think that who the TA is is relevant, second I was offered a solution, it was just unacceptable. All I was concerned with was the initial lack of concern as to customer service. Finally, this issue is dead. It was resolved within 3 days and I will be willing to book again on NCL. After I sent out emails I received response both by email and phone which tell me that customer service and opinion is important to them.

Archived