Specialty Restaurant Pricing Announced

Venusleo1

Hi everyone just recieved an update through NCL facebook fan page on dinning venues and pricing. :)

MIAMI, FL - March 17, 2010 - Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that its largest, most innovative Freestyle Cruising ship to date, Norwegian Epic, will feature an extensive number of complimentary Freestyle dining options – 11 out of 21 total – that are included in the cruise fare. The additional 10 dining options will have a nominal cover charge.

Guests on board Norwegian Epic can select from a variety of cuisines, dining styles and atmospheres on board with a total of 21 dining options. Those that will be free of charge are:

• Taste, the atrium restaurant serving traditional and contemporary cuisine;

• Manhattan Room, reminiscent of an elegant supper club complete with music, dancing and entertainment;

• O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grill, serving American favorites and comfort food, 24 hours;

• Café Jardin, Norwegian's signature action station casual restaurant;

• Great Outdoors, the pool-side grill;

• Spice H20, serving Latin and Asian-influenced cuisine in the adults-only complex;

• Atrium Cafe and Wine Bar;

• Studio Lounge, serving snacks and light fare;

• Epic Club, the elegant, exclusive eatery available to Norwegian Epic's Suite and Villa guests;

• Courtyard Grill, the more casual, outdoor area of the Epic Grill, open for breakfast and lunch; and

• 24-hour room service.

“It’s important for our guests to know that Freestyle Cruising on Norwegian Epic will offer the ultimate in freedom and flexibility, especially when it comes to dining,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “With that flexibility comes a wide-range of complimentary dining venues and options.”

In addition, Norwegian also announced the cover charges for Norwegian Epic’s specialty dining/entertainment venues:

• La Cucina, Tuscan-style eatery serving regional Italian specialties, $10 per person;

• Cirque Dreams & Dinner, two shows nightly including a three-course meal, $15 for general seating/$20 per person for preferred seating;

• Shanghai’s, Norwegian Epic’s new Chinese restaurant serving a delicious mix of Chinese dishes and noodle bar specialties, $15 per person;

• Shanghai’s Noodle Bar, a la carte pricing;

• Wasabi, expansive sushi and sake bar, a la carte pricing;

• Le Bistro, Norwegian’s elegant bistro serving classic French cuisine with an American flair, $20 per person;

• Moderno Churrascaria, expansive salad bar and choice of a variety of meats served by tableside passadors, $18 per person;

• Cagney’s Steakhouse, the line’s signature American steakhouse, $25 per person;

• Teppanyaki, the largest signature Japanese experiential restaurant at sea, $25 per person; and

• Pizza delivery, $5, available 24 hours around the ship.

"With our specialty restaurants, some guests may choose to dine in one of these venues just once or twice during their cruise to celebrate a special occasion," added Kevin Sheehan. "At the same time, others may want to sample a different specialty restaurant each evening to experience a new type of cuisine. That’s the great thing about Freestyle Cruising – the choice is up to our guests to decide how they want to customize their trip.”

Found my answer:

"Finally -- and this is pretty nifty -- there's what I call "freestyle" pizza delivery. For $5 passengers can order a 16-inch pie to be delivered anywhere on the ship: cabins, poolside, even in bars. The only places you can't get delivery? Restaurants that serve other food."

Hi everyone just recieved an update through NCL facebook fan page on dinning venues and pricing. :)

MIAMI, FL - March 17, 2010 - Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that its largest, most innovative Freestyle Cruising ship to date, Norwegian Epic, will feature an extensive number of complimentary Freestyle dining options – 11 out of 21 total – that are included in the cruise fare. The additional 10 dining options will have a nominal cover charge.

Guests on board Norwegian Epic can select from a variety of cuisines, dining styles and atmospheres on board with a total of 21 dining options. Those that will be free of charge are:

• Taste, the atrium restaurant serving traditional and contemporary cuisine;

• Manhattan Room, reminiscent of an elegant supper club complete with music, dancing and entertainment;

• O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grill, serving American favorites and comfort food, 24 hours;

• Café Jardin, Norwegian's signature action station casual restaurant;

• Great Outdoors, the pool-side grill;

• Spice H20, serving Latin and Asian-influenced cuisine in the adults-only complex;

• Atrium Cafe and Wine Bar;

• Studio Lounge, serving snacks and light fare;

• Epic Club, the elegant, exclusive eatery available to Norwegian Epic's Suite and Villa guests;

• Courtyard Grill, the more casual, outdoor area of the Epic Grill, open for breakfast and lunch; and

• 24-hour room service.

“It’s important for our guests to know that Freestyle Cruising on Norwegian Epic will offer the ultimate in freedom and flexibility, especially when it comes to dining,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “With that flexibility comes a wide-range of complimentary dining venues and options.”

In addition, Norwegian also announced the cover charges for Norwegian Epic’s specialty dining/entertainment venues:

• La Cucina, Tuscan-style eatery serving regional Italian specialties, $10 per person;

• Cirque Dreams & Dinner, two shows nightly including a three-course meal, $15 for general seating/$20 per person for preferred seating;

• Shanghai’s, Norwegian Epic’s new Chinese restaurant serving a delicious mix of Chinese dishes and noodle bar specialties, $15 per person;

• Shanghai’s Noodle Bar, a la carte pricing;

• Wasabi, expansive sushi and sake bar, a la carte pricing;

• Le Bistro, Norwegian’s elegant bistro serving classic French cuisine with an American flair, $20 per person;

• Moderno Churrascaria, expansive salad bar and choice of a variety of meats served by tableside passadors, $18 per person;

• Cagney’s Steakhouse, the line’s signature American steakhouse, $25 per person;

• Teppanyaki, the largest signature Japanese experiential restaurant at sea, $25 per person; and

• Pizza delivery, $5, available 24 hours around the ship.

"With our specialty restaurants, some guests may choose to dine in one of these venues just once or twice during their cruise to celebrate a special occasion," added Kevin Sheehan. "At the same time, others may want to sample a different specialty restaurant each evening to experience a new type of cuisine. That’s the great thing about Freestyle Cruising – the choice is up to our guests to decide how they want to customize their trip.”

Great information.. Is there a Buffet like on the Pride of America?

The buffet is Cafe Jardin.

No "main dinning room" but "Taste" and "The Manhattan Room" would be comprable to a traditional main dinning room, with sit down full service meals and both are included in the price of your cruise. No extra charge.

Great information.. Is there a Buffet like on the Pride of America?

That would be the Cafe Jardin (Garden Cafe) action station casual restaurant. It is located directly forward of the main pool area.

Don't a few of the pay restaurants also charge extra for certain items? That announcement might be a little misleading.

Cagneys and LeBistro do have an additional upcharge for some entrees.

The two that come to mind for me was a 32(?) ounce porterhouse for two in Cagneys @ $10.00 per person. That means that if you are the type of person that kill a large porterhouse like that one by yourself, yo0u will pay an additional $20.00.:eek:

I also remember a Lobster up charge in LeBistro. I think it was lobster in LeBistro, I am not sure. I do remember that the upcharge was $10.00.

It should be interesting to see the menus on the Epic and see it they do things differently. Regardless, I plan to hit a few of the specialty restaurants.

Since I am on the maiden TA crossing, I will write my first ever cruise review and will focus on food.

Since I am on the maiden TA crossing, I will write my first ever cruise review and will focus on food.

Thanks, I'll wait with baited breath for this. I'm on the 21 Aug & 28th. I give a H/C review.

Get you maybe get copies of the meuns and post them? Thanks

Thanks, I'll wait with baited breath for this. I'm on the 21 Aug & 28th. I give a H/C review.

Get you maybe get copies of the meuns and post them? Thanks

Will do on the menus.

Will pizza be available anytime or must it be ordered and delivered somewhere. I am travelling alone and don't want to be having to have a 16" pizza all to myself somewhere. Carnival cruises has sliced pizza available 24 hours/day

Will pizza be available anytime or must it be ordered and delivered somewhere. I am travelling alone and don't want to be having to have a 16" pizza all to myself somewhere. Carnival cruises has sliced pizza available 24 hours/day

Nobody knows for sure. I would not be surprised with pizza avalable 7x24 that it is also on the menu by the slice in O’Sheehan’s. Not 24 hrs but there has always been pizza by the slice in the Buffet/Action Station restaurants on NCL ships.

I just can't wait to see all of the $5.00 charges on my bill the last day!:rolleyes:

You know, the Courtyard Villa suites have a butler, and I remember some sort of mention about having the butler delivering pizza to the kids. I wonder if the butler gets an extra fiver for the delivery?:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Sure as long as you include it in the tip at the end of the cruise ;)

Sure as long as you include it in the tip at the end of the cruise;)

To be honest, I tip my butler at the beginning of the cruise and let him know to take casre of the kids. I also let him know there is more on the backside if he does his job.;)

Some people may disagree, but it works for me.:)

Would you believe that at the end of my Jewel cruise last summer some people refuse to give a tip to their butler?:confused:

I've heard rumor you'll be able to book both restaurant reservations and your BMG show time online, but haven't seen anything concrete from NCL yet. Anyone out there have any solid info?

The announced on the last call that online reservations will be available 45 days before the Epic TA. Reservations will only be for the shows including the dinner show Cirque Dreams, Will be much like the online reservatons for shore excursions

Archived